Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Hey, another update is on its way up to extras_devel right now. I managed to stumble across a massive collection of (potentially dubious) key codes on the hifi-remote website, including keys for brands I haven't been able to find anywhere. (There was even a keyset for a Crown Mustang TV!) So I've been browsing through it over the weekend, and have made a first pass at keysets for Crown Mustang, Hantarex, Keymat, Konka, and Wiwa, and added new keysets to ADB (I-Can), Sony, and Triax. I have no idea how good the data is, but at least it's something to try. (With luck, I'll be able to find some key codes for many of the devices that have been eluding me in the past...)

Unfortunately, I haven't spent much time on the UI; I've made a few tweaks to the Edit Macro Contents panel, but that's about it. I tweaked the protocol for LG to hopefully improve its performance during a macro (and if that works, I'll probably add that tweak elsewhere), and fixed the bug in Cisco's first keyset. And, I've cleaned up the thread handling a bit, so that Pierogi should ensure that everything gets shut down and cleaned up now when it exits.

So, not a big update, but lots of new keysets to play with.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
@ninelives234
RE comments on the wiki page.
Please discuss issue here rather than on the wiki page.
LG TV M227WAP ( on version 1.1 there in lg but for M227WDP not for M227WAP)-ninelives234
Ah, if you could, please try out LG TV Keyset 1 anyway. The keysets in Pierogi can work with a far larger set of devices than are currently found in the device list; I suspect one of the existing LG keysets should already work with the M227WAP. --Copernicus 28/Aug/2012''
No it didnt i did tried all of keyset under lg keyset and none of that works! or maybe my irda broken? how to test it? thankyou alot for your times man!!
Easiest way to check your IR is hold a command down in Pierogi an look at the IR with a camera. You should see the LED pulsing.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
@Copernicus
Well the change in timing as fixed it at close range but from "normal distance" it's worse than before.

Pauses however long don't help either. It's like it sees the first command and then nothing at 2 metres. But bob on at 4 foot away.

On a positive note the Power Search feature now works perfectly.
I can button bash to my hearts content and not get a error or the automatic feature lock up.

My above post is from the wiki which I have updated.
I think notes are fine on the wiki but not a discussion, unless it's moved to the discussion part of the wiki.
IMO easier to post on here.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
@Copernicus
Well the change in timing as fixed it at close range but from "normal distance" it's worse than before.

Pauses however long don't help either. It's like it sees the first command and then nothing at 2 metres. But bob on at 4 foot away.
Wow, interesting! Hmm. The first command always works? My initial suspicion, then, is that while fixing the repeat timing, I've screwed up the inter-command timing. But then, if that was the case, pauses between commands would fix the problem... Hmm. Definitely need to do some debugging here. (Everything seemed to be working here on my Samsung, but obviously I need to do more testing!) Sorry about all the problems.

On a positive note the Power Search feature now works perfectly.
I can button bash to my hearts content and not get a error or the automatic feature lock up.
Cool, I was hoping that I'd done a better job there. But I can still get it to lock up by hitting the buttons really really fast. So please be careful! (At least it cleans up after itself correctly now when I close the app.)

I think notes are fine on the wiki but not a discussion, unless it's moved to the discussion part of the wiki.
IMO easier to post on here.
I agree, it really is easier to keep track of a discussion on the forum boards. Thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Quite some time ago, phone companies began associating keys on the phone keypad with letters from the alphabet (associating a, b, and c with 2, d e and f with 3, etc.); today, most cell phones support text entry on a 10-digit keypad using this system, which is generally known as a "multitap" keyboard. As it turns out, quite a number of televison sets (and probably other devices) support this as well, through their infrared remotes. So, I've thrown together a set of macros to implement a "reverse multitap" keyboard -- e.g., press the "e" key, and Pierogi will emit two "3"s. Press "j", it will emit one "5". For "s", it will emit four "7"s, etc. Hopefully, this will let you use an actual keyboard for any device that supports multitap. If you'd like to try it out, you can enable the "Reverse Multitap Keyboard Macros" in the Preferences screen accessible from the menu.

In any case, I'm happy to finally have some sort of IR keyboard to offer folks!
Absolutely ingenious idea, especially for those "older" TV's, that doesn't support either bluetooth, or USB keyboards, yet, allow renaming things. PITA of writing everything via remote multitap is going to disappear, thanks to Pierogi

Of course, other updates are amazing too - I just wanted to highlight, how useful it is, for some users.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Wow, interesting! Hmm. The first command always works? My initial suspicion, then, is that while fixing the repeat timing, I've screwed up the inter-command timing. But then, if that was the case, pauses between commands would fix the problem... Hmm. Definitely need to do some debugging here. (Everything seemed to be working here on my Samsung, but obviously I need to do more testing!) Sorry about all the problems.
Do bear in mind I am using the same command over and over.
Will this cause the problem with certain protocols?
Thinking about it the Select at the end seems to fail most times so maybe not.
Don't worry about it I don't mind helping to solve it.
Sorry I can't give you more to work on.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Do bear in mind I am using the same command over and over.
Will this cause the problem with certain protocols?
Hopefully not; there shouldn't be anything in the current engine that could have knowledge of which commands were last emitted. Most likely, I just haven't done enough work testing and cleaning up the new macro code; all the non-macro Pierogi functionality appears to be working normally, so far as I have seen. I'll keep at it!

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Bugfix time: I managed to step on my own toes trying to delete objects across threads (which, I kind of expected, actually -- I'm not the most experienced thread wrangler out there). Pierogi allows you to choose a different keyset while a command is still running, which is, in itself, not a bad thing. However, it now also tries to immediately clean up the old keyset, which is very much a bad thing -- any running command has its keyset data destroyed from underneath it. (This is at least partly to blame for the macro problems, as the macro system does a lot of keyset switching itself.) So, I have another update moving into extras_devel to fix this bug.

Also in this update, a first pass at keysets for Changhong, Frontech, and Sinotec; a new keyset for Thomson; and a fix to an ADB (I-Can) keyset.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Bugfix time: This is at least partly to blame for the macro problems, as the macro system does a lot of keyset switching itself.
Just to let you know my test "sleep" macro is still the same.

Every command has a one second pause between and it's very hit and miss with the commands.

Doing the same thing with the normal buttons in pierogi is perfect.

Also updated both wikis to 1.1.14 you may want to check over them

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

Hello Copernicus,
Could you look at "Cisco Keyset 1", if the Exit key is correctly mapped. Because the Exit key on the remote control works differently.
Sincerely,
Olibe

The Following User Says Thank You to olibe For This Useful Post:

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control