Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Is there s simple way to mute the "message notification" (Vibrate,Ding when email comes in) at night?

I like it during the day, but I think its disturbing my sleep. :-(

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
Is there s simple way to mute the "message notification" (Vibrate,Ding when email comes in) at night?

I like it during the day, but I think its disturbing my sleep. :-(
I just don't sync email at night...

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
I use offline mode. I turns off all RF communications so that nothing comes in or out of the n900.

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton
i set my email to receive over wireless and turn the wireless off at night so you can still receive texts and calls and saves battery life too !

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
u can create sleep profile and turn off vibration and notofications for emails and IM

I suppose I need to set it to "Silent" at night. The hard part will be remembering to set it to "General" in the morning. :-)

Isn't there an App. to schedule this?

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
My night routine is activate silent profile, turn the volume to zero, turn brightness to lowest and disconnect any internet.
In the morning I do the opposite and put it all back again.

Oh, I normally charge it overnight too.

It's useful to lower the brightness as if you have it pick it up in the dead of night, it doesn't sear the back of your retinas when you unlock it... lol

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
I suppose I need to set it to "Silent" at night. The hard part will be remembering to set it to "General" in the morning. :-)

Isn't there an App. to schedule this?
man, make sleep profile with tweakr (or more) and then use alarmed to set up schedule for ur profiles I dont have to remeber about that because my phone switches to sleep profile every evening at 11:30pm and activates general profile at 7am every morning

tweakr and alarmed

Thanks for the suggestions.

I need to use tweakr, the vibrate buzz woke me last night. As I run gPodder nightly, disconnecting won't work.

Alarmed, eh? Sounds useful

Thanks for the suggestions.

I need to use tweakr, the vibrate buzz woke me last night. As I run gPodder nightly, disconnecting won't work.

Alarmed, eh? Sounds useful