Hello,

I am trying to select numerous files on Midnight Commander. I discovered that it is done using the "insert" key which I cannot seem to find on my N900. Could someone tell me where it is?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Hmmm afaik to select multiple files in the N900 you have to press and hold the shift key (the button with the the arrow pointing up) try that it might work..

EDIT: It doesn't work in midnight commander though.. I just tried it.. hmmm

Thanks for your reply but that doesn't seem to work in Midnight Commander.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
It seems that the midnight commander got ported from a device that uses the insert key which the N900 does not have... try maybe remapping the keyboard keys?

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
I have discovered an alternative way.

I pressed "+" and then "*" (no quotations) which selected every item in the folder.

Thanks for your help anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
lol nice! didn't know that!

In the n800 terminal I can define custom keys that appear as buttons at the bottom of the window. I have an Ins key defined like that. Is it missing on the n900?

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Hello,

I am trying to select numerous files on Midnight Commander. I discovered that it is done using the "insert" key which I cannot seem to find on my N900. Could someone tell me where it is?

Thanks.
Ctrl+T (tag) does the same as Insert

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dnastase For This Useful Post: