Was anyone successful pairing up a Palm bluetooth keyboard with the N900? I mean I did make a change to the etc/bluetooth/main.conf file just like the Wiki suggested. But then I am getting stuck at the same step as before - my N900 sees the keyboard as a bluetooth device, gives me a passcode to enter, for example 1234 - I enter it into the keyboard (tried both ways, just numbers, or type numbers then followed by Enter) I press "Pair" on N900 screen and the N900 fails to connect.
Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong, please?
If it helps, the Palm keyboard is this one http://www.amazon.com/Palm-3245WW-Wi.../dp/B000OQ1XG0
Thanks!

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Dude, i think that the Palm keyboards use some antiquated way to connect to the bluetooth that the tablets do not support. Its not a standard HID device...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Crap....the funny thing I actually got it a month before I actually received my N900 back in December, after waiting for 2 months for my pre-order.
Does anybody else think this keyboard will never ever work with the N900?

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Dude, i think that the Palm keyboards use some antiquated way to connect to the bluetooth that the tablets do not support. Its not a standard HID device...
Nope. I have that same keyboard, and it worked just fine (as HID) with my N800 (used it quite a bit) and N810 (used it for a while, but gradually stopped carrying it). Haven't tried it with my N900 yet, since I got used to thumbing it on the N810, but I'll try to locate it and see if I can make it work.

Oh, man , I would really appreciate your response, try it and let me know. I would hate to get rid of a brand new keyboard just because I have no other use for it. It seems very nice to have it when you travel, it collapses nicely and it's almost the full size just like a regular keyboard.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Atlanta, GA
This Thread details all of the trials and tribulations of getting a bluetooth keyboard to work with the n900. I'm pretty sure I've seen where someone has tried it with the Palm keyboard, and that it works as well as any other keyboard... which is to say, not particularly well.

We're all hoping for a fix in the next firmware update, but I don't think anybody is holding their breath.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Not true, I have a Palm keyboard and it works perfectly.
The problem doesn't lie w/ the brand of keyboard but w/ the broken Bluetooth support in N900. See the thread referenced in a later post in this thread.

EDIT: actually the referenced thread is above. Anyway it's this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38372