https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

I still don't get parts of the UI.

When I lock the device while inside an app, where will I end up when I unlock the device? On the home screen? That would suck.

Clicking on the status bar on the N9 gives me some useful shortcuts from everywhere, volume, bluetooth, downloads etc. Is there something similar in sailfish?

Accessing the events screen with a swipe up sounds good, but when I have to swipe from the sides in the home screen that creates inconsistency.

Jolla should avoid making things complex and/or inconsistent.

In addition: Work on those swipe animations for christ's sake

The Following User Says Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
I still don't get parts of the UI.

When I lock the device while inside an app, where will I end up when I unlock the device? On the home screen? That would suck.

Clicking on the status bar on the N9 gives me some useful shortcuts from everywhere, volume, bluetooth, downloads etc. Is there something similar in sailfish?

Accessing the events screen with a swipe up sounds good, but when I have to swipe from the sides in the home screen that creates inconsistency.

Jolla should avoid making things complex and/or inconsistent.

In addition: Work on those swipe animations for christ's sake
In sf u can decide what you want to have as shortcuts (volume/bt onoff etc...) in the topmenu of lockscreen if I remember correct.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
In sf u can decide what you want to have as shortcuts (volume/bt onoff etc...) in the topmenu of lockscreen if I remember correct.
Yeah, I just saw the walkthrough showing that the Favorite function in the Sailfish Settings menu can pull any desired setting to the front of the menu, so you don't have to dig deep into Settings to get at frequently used settings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
Source code of the port of calculator app from Ubuntu Touch is available here and a new video here.
A good opportunity to study the code

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Got damn played little more with Jolla SDK today and must say I love it already this is how development should work!

No damn broken Harmattan emulator or bloated Android+ Eclipse IDE.

Just core QTCreator + MER buildmachine

We must help Jolla to success

THEY MUST SUCCESS!

start port yousr apps now. Yes even the emulator is fast and touch gestures works better with mouse than pad on laptop (just saying cause I cried about that yesterday

Decided to buy a 7" touchscreen hopefully can test it on my laptop on monday so I can play even more with the sailfishos

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-03-02 at 19:41.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
Strange kernel choice. It's not long-term. They'd better stick to 3.5 as ubuntu will support it.
AFAIU (hardware adaptation is not really my area): Mer/Nemo Mobile (and by extension, Sailfish, as the child of the parents) do not specify a single kernel. The kernel used is dictated instead by the hardware adaptation. There may be some demands on the kernel from other pieces of the stack (for instance, systemd is increasingly pushing to require newer kernel features), but with sufficient work, any kernel is usable.

I haven't looked, but I'd guess that the emulator is using the x86 hardware adaptation: https://build.pub.meego.com/package/...%3Ax86-generic

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
The lockscreen menu is not currently configurable. Whether or not it will be (at least as far as UI designs go), I don't know yet - I just work on the thing.

Settings favorites are configurable, which might be what you're thinking of.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
The lockscreen is, like the rest of the homescreen, part of one gigantic pannable area. There's no "flick this thing to unlock" like e.g. iOS, no "drag a seperate screen" like the N9. You just flick upwards, and move back down towards the rest of the homescreen. From that perspective, I think it makes sense.

(Furthermore: locking with an application open would also take you to the homescreen on Harmattan on unlock. We share a lot of the same infrastructure... )

You can go to the events view from the bottom of the screen in the homescreen too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by w00t
You can go to the events view from the bottom of the screen in the homescreen too.
Precisely, from the last slide of the launcher, right?
Edit: Or you do mean from the bottom edge of the screen?

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Last edited by AMD; 2013-03-02 at 21:49.