Notices

Originally Posted by ivnvir View Post
Do you guys solved it?
I chmoded 777 all files, don't know if it makes sense but, it doesn't work anyway...
i thought it was a permission problem too. but it isn't, and i've found a way to make it work.

i have about 150 chinese songs (filenames and title/artist/album tags all in utf-8 edited by easytag and copied to the device from fedora) and the N900 can't read the tags of about a dozen of them (title/artist/album tags all empty). similar thing had happened to the earlier OS version of my N95 8GB (the tags weren't empty but they're messed up encodings) but a later update fixed that problem so that i didn't have to edit the tags on the N95.

anyway, after some trial and error, i've found that (in my case) only the title and artist tags can be updated successfully but not the album tag. i don't know if it has anything to do with the album art cuz when i edit the album tag, the album art will get chosen and mussorgsky will crash. i haven't tried not including album art for the affected albums so i don't know for sure. so for those dozen of songs, i edit the title tag to "1", "2", etc and the artist tag to "a", "b", etc, and keep the album tag unchanged (i.e. in their original utf-8 chinese). i copy those songs to the N900 and edit the title and artist tags with mussorgsky and it works.

i have a feeling this problem is the same as the one i encountered with my N95 8GB. i hope that a fix will be available soon.

Originally Posted by Paul Lahner View Post
Hook up your N900 to any PC under Linux and edit the ID tags with EasyTag directly on the phone. That is much easier (keyboard -mouse) than fiddling about with the tiny screen, tiny keyboard and the clumsy touchscreen.

Cheerio

Paul
the tags of my songs looks fine with easytag on my fedora before the songs are being copied to the device. i wonder if the tags of the copies of the songs on the device will also looks fine on easytag but not on the N900 media player. anyway, your idea is a good one and i'll give it a try.

Hi I have reported this problem in bugzilla as suggested by Ivan him on his blog but no response so far from him.

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8912

The Following User Says Thank You to flyskyhigh For This Useful Post:
I voted for the bug, more votes may help improve the handling of the bug.

I will switch to an external tag editor in the meantime.

Wow! MussOrgsky is fantastic! I was trying to download apps for my PC to get album art for music, but of the 5 "most recommended," I tried, I found that I had to do it manually- search each album, that is (no automated process.)

Just had a crack at MussOrgsky and with a tap of a button, it's all being taken care of. N900 outdid my PC! Amazing!!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone know if sombody working on mussorgsky, is possible to file a bug? or is closed down?

can't edit tags and move back/forward

Great App!

Is it possible to sort the library alphabetically? Also the app doesn't seem to be picking up everything in my music library are there some file types it doesn't recognise i.e wma.mp3?

I hope someone is still working on this, it's an extremely useful app to have

I just installed it yesterday, worked flawlessly for me - although my music collection is all mp3s.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Canada
+1 for Mussorgsky... love it how it handles album art. Easier than on my PC !

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Netherlands
Mussorgsky crashes immediately on my N900, right after running it. I see the menu named Mussorgsky but that's it.

-I have *.mp3's and some *.ogg's.
-Mp3 tags are varied versions of ID3
-One album art image is repeatedly shown in mediaplayer(s).

Has anyone got an idea which of the forementioned may contribute to the crashing?