Notices

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
off topic :
meego is nice but maemo is far best than any OS in the world .
to do list in upcoming months :
1-meego UI theme on maemo 5
2-meego apps running smoothly on maemo 5 ,since Qt mobility 1.2 & Qt 4.7.4 are the same as on harmattan N9 .
cons : resolution issue , missing libraries from some harmattan apps .
Except these currently N900 is good in all terms .
on topic : more to come !! stay tuned !!

Thats Amazing, I given up on MeeGo backports, but i am happy to see we now have advanced.

Along with CSSU, having Meego apps and possibly that very cool N9 theme, might make me want to keep the N900 further then next year.

So Thanks to everybody working on this!

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
thanks prankster for the effort! this is one of those moments when hitting a button doesn't feel enough. the community/council needs your energy/enthusiasm!
thank you but this is not my work ,i am just an insider ,this is really a great work by many people mainly inean /kate/stskeeps/mikhas/quim and i am sorry if i am missing some one's name .And yeah meego is on the top at the moment ,but hopefully we will be able to see more for our N900 ,as the Qt components which are available in repos are quite compatible with meego 1.2 release/later release editions .So i am nothing guys,open source is a community of great geeks and great people .just own it by each word you type ,i do ,hope you do as well .
cherio !

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
@prankster: one most annoying thing for the time so far is a lack of proper portrait VKB... i see in all these videos, that "maliit" is functioning quite well, and i want to ask you: is it working under this demo app, or is it ported already for n900??? and if not, how tough is to be done???
btw: NICE news

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neboja For This Useful Post:
@ neboja ,http://wiki.maemo.org/QtComponents read till the end & mainly installation part .
work is going on to get things in proper order but ye we having loads of obstacles in our way .hope it will be alright in the end .
News for diablo N8x0 :If diablo gets to 4.7.4 then meego apps could be running on diablo but that is a MAY BE answer cuz It all depends on the differences between N8XX and N900's gconf keys and HAL and MCE dbus interfaces. Be a volunteer & start coding/testing .

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
ohh... seem to have missed that installation part
will give it a try

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Well even though QT 4.7.4 and QtMobility 1.2 are supported by the N900, some developers still won't create apps for the N900 as well. Look at 4squick for example, it's available for MeeGo and S^3 but not N900, because of QT problems (at least that's what I've been told). If every developer will say the same... :|

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
everything looks cool!!

Nokia should atleast backport its Nokia Maps software to show its commitment to code once, deploy everywhere strategy..... otherwise it is just a bag of hypocrisy

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IcyMoustache For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
Well even though QT 4.7.4 and QtMobility 1.2 are supported by the N900, some developers still won't create apps for the N900 as well. Look at 4squick for example, it's available for MeeGo and S^3 but not N900, because of QT problems (at least that's what I've been told).

Which may have been resolved by the latest Qt packages (which resolved problems in twimgo, kasvopus and other QML-based apps).