For me it still autpmounts MyDocs, but with incorrect parameters, leaving root the owner. Attempting to write to MyDocs as user fails.

Had to manually unmount and remount with uid= parameter.

The Following User Says Thank You to shadowjk For This Useful Post:
/usr/lib/genfstab.awk was replaced by and integrated directly to rcS-late

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I'm using cssu-thumb too, but MyDocs (ext4) automount works.

The only issue i have is that very often it takes 3/4 minutes to mount it after boot is completed... Filesystem has no error and syslog don't reports nothing special. I'll dig further to provide some more info.

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Jersey
Originally Posted by xes View Post
I'm using cssu-thumb too, but MyDocs (ext4) automount works.

The only issue i have is that very often it takes 3/4 minutes to mount it after boot is completed... Filesystem has no error and syslog don't reports nothing special. I'll dig further to provide some more info.
Hm, I just tried and it did indeed mount after several minutes. However, it mounts with default options (no uid/umask/etc set) which is a problem with vfat (only root can write) - I guess that isn't a problem for you with ext.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to l_bratch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
I had the same issue after latest CSSU-testing (non-thumb) update. The issue was certain config file (that controls mounting of MyDocs) was not properly replaced by the CSSU-update. You might want to check the CSSU-testing thread for more details.

EDIT: The delay to remount MyDocs after reboot is normal: There is now fsck.vfat process that checks the filesystem after boot before it mounts MyDocs. If you have lots of files in MyDocs this easily takes few minutes...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Thank you Mara - the CSSU-testing thread pointed me in the right direction. The package manager gave me a /etc/default/mount-opts.dpkg-dist file, which apparently should overwrite mount-opts.

"mv -i mount-opts.dpkg-dist mount-opts" fixed everything and has returned behaviour to normal.

I can also confirm that the delay is indeed due to fsck.vfat running - thanks for that tip also!

Edit:
Added bonus - this has fixed Backup too!

The only remaining mystery is what "dpkg -s mp-fremantle-community-pr | grep Version" should report. But that's not terribly important at this point, because my tangible issues are fixed...

Last edited by l_bratch; 2015-01-28 at 16:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to l_bratch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by l_bratch View Post
The only remaining mystery is what "dpkg -s mp-fremantle-community-pr | grep Version" should report. But that's not terribly important at this point, because my tangible issues are fixed...
My bad, didn't updated the first post, anyway:
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...a2e2eb5f713d33

will do it... soon

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
My bad, didn't updated the first post, anyway:
https://gitorious.org/community-ssu/...a2e2eb5f713d33
Perfect! Thanks very much.

The Following User Says Thank You to l_bratch For This Useful Post:
Hi. This is my first post about thumb, so be patient with my question.

I'm not an informatic but I've using N900 for 4 years, for the feeling of freedom it has and because it works very well. In all this time I only had to do one reflash.

Until upgrading to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo10.1+thumb0 I've not any problems. I had it overclocked with Maemodder scripts to 805 Mhz. and undervolted with ExtremlyLowVoltage for more than one year, and it worked flawlesly.

In January, after upgrading to last version of Thumb I felt it was slow, and that battery didn't last as before, so I realized that it had sudden reboots and that didn't load custom kernel. So I resigned myself to use N900 with no undervolting and 600Mhz default frequency. But even with default kernel settings it reboots.

I don't know why it happens. Maybe you can help me. I don't how to extract a log file for looking the origin of this problem.

It's strange, because I'm the only one who has reported this problem. So it could be no related to new Thumb version.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to magio0_0 For This Useful Post:
if you never had thumb before... quite a while back there were some changes to overclocking profiles or smth if i am not mistaken.. you need to overclock it again
i use this but i to be sure use a profile like ULV
Code:
kernel-config show 
kernel-config load starving
kernel-config limits 250 950
kernel-config save myprofile1
kernel-config default myprofile1

The Following User Says Thank You to shubell For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life