Active Topics

Originally Posted by lifeintheblitz View Post
This, and you'll get a phone that already has the status of Collector's Item, Legendary, and Mythical, despite it being relatively new to the market.

Scary in a way. I mean, all the sales assistants I speak to, in cell phone shops, tell me that it can't possibly be discontinued, because it's just been released!

I dunno though - I'm still concerned about Nokia pulling the plug on supplies all of a sudden!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
You should grab one before it disappears due to Elop pulling the plug as N9 continue to outsell Lumia.
Elop is stupid. You got a device that's selling well at a premium price, and you still want to kill it. Isn't he concerned about Nokia's bottom line, and bringing back the company to profit mode. If the Lumias aren't selling as well you expected, but the N9s are, then release more N9s into the existing markets and bring it to new ones. There are lots of people who want one, but they're unavailable.

The Following User Says Thank You to coopere For This Useful Post:
the white n9 is made out of unicorn blood, phoenix features and dragon scales.

@coopere

he is a microsoft employee he doesnt care, he is making nokia staying afloat by firing people, but making them fail by using windows phone.

it doesnt matter nokia loses profits and marketsahre, while window phones gains.

also from what i heard many of the nokia board are from microsoft or USA. they dont know ****, if they know they happy selling company to microsoft for nothing.

Last edited by jo21; 2012-02-24 at 19:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jo21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coopere View Post
Elop is stupid. You got a device that's selling well at a premium price, and you still want to kill it. Isn't he concerned about Nokia's bottom line, and bringing back the company to profit mode. If the Lumias aren't selling as well you expected, but the N9s are, then release more N9s into the existing markets and bring it to new ones. There are lots of people who want one, but they're unavailable.
It would do Nokia's bottomline a world of good by releasing N9 in all the major markets where Elop banned it from for fear of competing with Lumia. A sale of N9 is also a sale for Nokia with a higher profit margin and no royalty payment to a 3rd party. But the Microsoft mole doesn't see it that way.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
...he is a microsoft employee he doesnt care, he is making nokia staying afloat by firing people, but making them fail by using windows phone... it doesnt matter nokia loses profits and marketsahre, while window phones gains...
Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
..But the Microsoft mole doesn't see it that way.

I guess he's also pocketing twin salaries. One, taxable, from Nokia - and the other [non-tax] from M$it ! ...What say, folks?

On a lighter note:

Stephen Elop can see Finland from his house
Nokia’s new chief executive included a Sarah Palin-esque moment with Financial Times, when he quipped,
"As you may know, I’m a Canadian citizen, you may also know that Canada and Finland share the Arctic Circle, that’s something that holds me in good stead as I move forward.

After Sarah Palin claimed during the 2008 presidential campaign that her job as governor of Alaska gave her an insight into Russia because it was close by, she was parodied by Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live, saying: “I can see Russia from my house.”

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
we have to buy, coz its maemo6, long live maemo!!,

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I think, I think, I think and think more...

Time to grab a small N9! (16/32GB).

I'll grab one off ebay ($400AUD+).
I'm trying to find a way to fund one without me spending my money (I'm a tight ***).

Having a VNC and terminal (without this damn hacking) is brilliant!

Has anyone got a chroot running on it?
We could get a chroot of MAEMO running on it.