I really hope the drivers they are pressuring Nvidia and AMD about will be working with Wayland. At least some possible positive outcome from this.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Or maybe they'll eventually make it a truly open initiative, one which longer-term will result in a merging (of sorts) between Mir + [Wayland(Weston)].
After all, they/others have benefited from (& contributed_to/refined) Sailfish's libhybris, one can dream... >.>

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-03-05 at 17:18. Reason: typo

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Or maybe they'll eventually make it a truly open initiative, one which longer-term will result in a merging (of sorts) between Mir + [Wayland(Weston)].
After all, they/others have benefited from (& contributed_to/refined) Sailfish's libhybris, one can dream... >.>
yes u can.... Persdonally I am not a dreamer.... :/

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Everything about input sucks

That's what makes the issue here not MIR. Lol EGO bruised

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That's what makes the issue here not MIR. Lol EGO bruised
I'm not sure you're qualified/involved enough to have such "conclusive" opinions.
Could such strong opinions be based simply on the fact that you like to "**** stir"?

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-03-05 at 19:55.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Brazil
How technology decisions are made at Canonical:

It's funny cause is true

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brunelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I'm not sure you're qualified/involved enough to have such "conclusive" opinions.
Could such strong opinions be based simply on the fact that you like to "**** stir"?
I'm not judge anything related to any technical issues here. Just the ridicules retelling of the event that occurred. I'm not judging the options on what is right for ubuntu or what is best. Just very childish chat. I'm sure the chat was more productive than... Would be nice to read what technical issues and other important arguments. That article describes the chat like if you and me should have discussed the issue

Chris Halse Rogers, the Canonical employee, was quick to joke around that "It's [Canonical's] turn to pull a systemd!"*

Kristian was quick to let the Canonical developer know he doesn't agree with Mir and that "the technical reasons on the Mir page just don't add up." In particular, "everything about input" that the Ubuntu developers say as shortcomings with Wayland. Kristian added, "don't go out and tell the whole world how wayland*is*broken*and has all X's input problems...that's what pisses me off...you can do*whatever*youwant*and you don't need my permission but don't piss on wayland in the process."*

Chris Halse Rogers saying Canonical was unsure if their contributions would be accepted into upstream Wayland, followed by the Canonical developer admitting, "I'm unfamiliar with wayland's input handling."*

Kristian ended up responding to Rogers saying that he doesn't think Canonical meant to "piss" on Wayland by saying, "so don't go and tell the world it's broken if you don't know what it is." Kristian additionally said, "I'll have fun explaining how that's not the case to everybody for the next few months."*

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-03-05 at 21:35.

Google+ session all about Wayland coming up, plus some Q&A's:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c...7nl5eglddlju00

One Qn canvassed already is;
Relationship between Plasma's recent efforts & Nemo/Sailfish, & where that can be further refined/improved.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
What is the way to particiate in questions there. One needs to be a G+ user? I have Google mail/XMPP account as well as Youtube one, but not G+.

Where is the question about Sailfish there by the way? I couldn't find it.