Active Topics

Is there a way to backup paid software before re-flashing?
in particular JoikuSpot...

I've managed to stuff so much extras-devel stuff, so that the maps doesn't work anymore and I've experienced some other hiccups aswell :P

So - I think that the best sollution would be to reflash the whole device and start a new.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Planet Earth
Better ask JoikuSpot people or any other company who sold the software.

for joikospot you can try to recover it, just login to the joiko appstore then go to "my purchases" then jus redownload the app you purchased before with no cost.. hope this helps

Last edited by zaoltryence; 2010-03-30 at 02:20.

i lost my joiku when i reflashed. just email them about it and they will give you a file to put on your n900 that downloads joiku through the app manager. i recommend this because now i have the joiku.install file forever and have used it every time i need to reflash. dont know how to keep other apps safe though.

btw when i checked "my purchases" my account was empty so that why i emailed.

Last edited by piascyk; 2010-03-30 at 02:30.

JoikuSpot should be relatively easy since they just use a different repo.

Sygic Mobile Maps is slightly harder since it's locked to a device, dunno if it's based off the IMEI.

DocumentsToGo should be easy if we can re-enter the key.

Now I just gotta find how to save my angry bird scores and I'm set for a reflash once 1.2 lands.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by keljuk View Post
Is there a way to backup paid software before re-flashing?
in particular JoikuSpot...

I've managed to stuff so much extras-devel stuff, so that the maps doesn't work anymore and I've experienced some other hiccups aswell :P

So - I think that the best sollution would be to reflash the whole device and start a new.
I talked to joiku via email and they told me to email them if i have the prob after i flash but i shouldnt have a prob with it