Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
Thanks!! :-) nice to see that the FujitsuIR PDF can be useful.

Thanks for this app. Keep up the good work.

The Following User Says Thank You to luunaitk12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
Is there any way to add own keysets to the application?
I have created some for my Nokia E51 and Psiloc irRemote app some time ago.

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by mp107 View Post
Is there any way to add own keysets to the application?
I have created some for my Nokia E51 and Psiloc irRemote app some time ago.
Ah, unfortunately, there isn't yet a way to do so. We've been throwing around a few ideas here in the past, but the fundamental issue is that I originally wrote Pierogi as an experiment to create hierarchies of inter-related keysets. I've been leveraging C++'s class inheritance for this task, which means that adding a new keyset to the hierarchy takes a recompile. In theory, all I really need to do is to allow users to add a keyset _outside_ of the hierarchy, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

(Also, let me point out that Pierogi isn't the only IR control solution available for the N900; you can run the standard LIRC server directly, and Irreco/QtIrreco still works as a GUI on top of LIRC...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
How do it figure out which is the equivalent button for the "Setup" button on the following remote ?

The Following User Says Thank You to GizmoSmith For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GizmoSmith View Post
How do it figure out which is the equivalent button for the "Setup" button on the following remote ?
Ah, my apologies for this; I've been trying to make the Pierogi UI as "universal" as possible. On almost every TV or set-top box ever produced, the key you use to access the system settings on the device is labeled "Menu". That is, except for DVDs (and BDs); they reserve the name "Menu" for the button that accesses the list of contents on the disk. As such, manufacturers have had to come up with some other name for the key to get to the settings; sometimes this is "Setup", sometimes they give it other names.

In the past, I've been trying to reuse the same UI screen for all TVs and set-top boxes, and so I've always mapped the "Menu" key to the system settings of the device, even for DVD and BD players. For what the DVD player calls "Menu", I've created another button called "Disc Menu".

In short, Pierogi's "Menu" button should bring up the setup menu, no matter what device you are controlling...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Ah, my apologies for this; I've been trying to make the Pierogi UI as "universal" as possible. On almost every TV or set-top box ever produced, the key you use to access the system settings on the device is labeled "Menu". That is, except for DVDs (and BDs); they reserve the name "Menu" for the button that accesses the list of contents on the disk. As such, manufacturers have had to come up with some other name for the key to get to the settings; sometimes this is "Setup", sometimes they give it other names.

In the past, I've been trying to reuse the same UI screen for all TVs and set-top boxes, and so I've always mapped the "Menu" key to the system settings of the device, even for DVD and BD players. For what the DVD player calls "Menu", I've created another button called "Disc Menu".

In short, Pierogi's "Menu" button should bring up the setup menu, no matter what device you are controlling...
Thanks!.. It worked.. Appreciate the time taken to type in the explanation.. !!

The Following User Says Thank You to GizmoSmith For This Useful Post:
Hi folks! Version 1.1.45 of Pierogi is now making its way up to extras-devel. This is mostly a cleanup update; I've been slowly (very, very slowly) working my way through the Fujitsu AC controls, and finally decided to just get all the non-Fujitsu work out of the way before continuing on with it. In any case, I've also been reworking the error handling code in the Pierogi codebase, which should eventually mean that Pierogi will produce intelligible statements when something goes wrong, rather than gobbledygook. I hope to improve on this in future updates.

Also in this update, a new TV keyset for Elenberg (thanks to Lyapova for providing it!), and a new "Hotel Menu" key for use in accessing the hotel mode in some tvs (I've only got it defined for LG for now).

With luck, I'll start getting a little more work done on Pierogi, and start updating more frequently again. Please tell me if you find any bugs. Thanks!

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Awesome! Keep up the good work
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Request: National AC.
Thanks.