Hello to all of you! After just reading for a long time, I'd like to do my first post ;-) Thanks to all of you for your good work and helpfulness !

Do you consider an update to 2.0.4 safe? Just set RELEASE to the new version and version --dup with the usual repos enabled?

I'd like to try the update, as I suffer from bad battery life (CPU never suspends) and want to benefit from the updated buteo.

Greetings
Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to dlas.revo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Just updated my test installation to 2.0.4.13. Took about half an hour and i only nedded to interrupt and reboot once. Sfdroid still works. Haven't used it much, only checked if my most needed patches are working, which wasn't the case. So i'm back to my normal install with 2.0.2.51, which will get updated if the patches are working.
You mean, update with setting release and then doing dup?
I was under the impression it really only works with officially supported devices (sbj1, tablet, model-C, AquaFish) ??

I myself was going to wait until the new Mer build version 2.0.4.x is released and then rebuild my SFOS image...
Is it safe doing version dup on a non-supported device, if it is your daily driver?

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
You mean, update with setting release and then doing dup?
I was under the impression it really only works with officially supported devices (sbj1, tablet, model-C, AquaFish) ??

I myself was going to wait until the new Mer build version 2.0.4.x is released and then rebuild my SFOS image...
Is it safe doing version dup on a non-supported device, if it is your daily driver?
Hello juiceme,

in generell OTA should be possible. In case of 2.0.0.10 --> 2.0.4.x it seems to be broken, tried twice, OTA was damn slow and it was not successful.

Its easy to try it without risk using multirom and copies of sfos installation, just remove the device lock and do a cp -av from a third rom. If you are using 2.0.2.x it might work.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Just use the OTA instructions of the first post. OTA using SSH. The update can be slow. 2.0.0.10 to 2.0.2.4x took about 3hours. If the update process hangs at a package fir more than 5 minutes, abort the update with CTRL+C, type "sync" and reboot. Most of the time you have to hard reset your device. When its back up, SSH into it and continue the update with version --dup. If it hangs again repeat the above steps. I didn't update my main SFOS installation because not all patches i need are available.

If you don't use Multirom, ciuldn't you do a full backup with TWRP before updating?

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
OK, maybe I'll have a go at it.

However doing OTA that way will only update the bits that come as RPM's, right? So if there is a change in kernel or modules it will of course not update those.
Also the adaptation stays the same, even if there's a new nightly of CM that'd correct some bugs...
That's why thought of rebuilding the whole shebang.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Yes only the RPMs get updated.

I don't think that there will be a new version of CM12.1, the latest snapshot is 13 months old.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Is everyone happy with the voice call quality on CM12.1 Nexus 5? I can hear the caller most of the time fine, but the caller always have a hard time hearing or has a lot of echo effect. I was hoping this update will fix it, but still same. I tried it on 2 Nexus 5 devices and both are doing exact same.

Also, does this build use the second microphone to reduce background noice? It doesn't look like it does.

Any ideas to fix it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Just use the OTA instructions of the first post. OTA using SSH. The update can be slow. 2.0.0.10 to 2.0.2.4x took about 3hours. If the update process hangs at a package fir more than 5 minutes, abort the update with CTRL+C, type "sync" and reboot. Most of the time you have to hard reset your device. When its back up, SSH into it and continue the update with version --dup. If it hangs again repeat the above steps.
To be on the safe side reinstall the package where the installation crashed with
Code:
devel-su pkcon install <packagename>
after the reboot before starting the update process again.

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
Is everyone happy with the voice call quality on CM12.1 Nexus 5? I can hear the caller most of the time fine, but the caller always have a hard time hearing or has a lot of echo effect. I was hoping this update will fix it, but still same. I tried it on 2 Nexus 5 devices and both are doing exact same.

Also, does this build use the second microphone to reduce background noice? It doesn't look like it does.

Any ideas to fix it?
I don't know whether it uses noise cancellation but the voice quality has always been exellent in my setup. Only voice via BT headset is bad, it is absolutely unintelligible.

When I am listening to music via BT and a call comes, I need to reject the call, disconnect BT and then call back, it is that bad.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I don't know whether it uses noise cancellation but the voice quality has always been exellent in my setup. Only voice via BT headset is bad, it is absolutely unintelligible.

When I am listening to music via BT and a call comes, I need to reject the call, disconnect BT and then call back, it is that bad.
Why don't you just redirect it back to the phone after taking the call?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid