Notices

I'm having some trouble in reproducing this error, therefore I need your help. Then, I'll try to fix the bug as soon as possible.

What I need is a wireshark log of a unsuccessful login. That is, I need you to run wireshark on the wireless or gprs interface (can be run on N900) while you're trying to log in at geocaching.com. Start wireshark, start a new capture on the wireless or gprs interface, then start AGTL and try to download a geocache. Stop wireshark and save the file. There should be some HTTP packets in the log. Some wireless routers (e.g. FritzBox) can also produce a packet trace without additional software (-> google).

There will be private data contained in the packet trace, i.e. your geocaching.com password. Therefore, you should change the password to a temporary password beforehand and reset it afterwards. Remember to change the password in AGTL as well :-)

However, if you're lazy and don't change your password: I promise to delete the data after the analysis and I'll not use your password for anything.

Please send the log file to fett [at) danielfett.de and tell me if you're using WIFI or a mobile connection and if you're using the latter, please tell me your provider.

Thanks!
Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
I'm having some trouble in reproducing this error
Hallo webhamster,

I now understand your problems in reproducing this error.
And I apologise in advance

I was still using 0.8.5.
Today I have seen version 0.8,7 in extras-testing, which has been in devel up to now, and (accidentally) updated. So all my changes got lost.
I started agtl from menu and had the same log-in problem again.

Then I started "/opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon" once as root
or with "sudo run-standalone.sh /opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon".
Et voila! Everything worked fine (changes in downloader.py are the key). Afterwards (rebuild pyo) it works also from menu.

@webhamster
THX

@all
forget about login problems:
update to 0.8.7
execute agtl once as root

@kegetys, rob_kouw, webhamster
I made some other change in gtkmap.py, triggered by kegetys research. When screen is off, there is no need to redraw and consume CPU. Could you check, if this is correct at that place?
Here is the patch
Code:
diff /opt/advancedcaching/gtkmap.py.ori /opt/advancedcaching/gtkmap.py
--- /opt/advancedcaching/gtkmap.py.ori
+++ /opt/advancedcaching/gtkmap.py
@@ -109,6 +109,13 @@
     def __expose_event(self, widget, event):
         if self.dragging or self.delay_expose:
             return True
+        #peterleinchen start, if screen off return
+        dd=open("/sys/class/backlight/acx565akm/brightness", "r")
+        ddisplay=dd.read()
+        dd.close()
+        if ddisplay.strip() == "0":
+            return True
+        #peterleinchen end
         x, y, width, height = event.area

cr = self.cr_drawing_area

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Then I started "/opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon" once as root
What is your phone's system language? I had problem with getting connected to the geocaching.com. I didn't solve it with root, but starting it with
LANG=en_EN /opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon
(My phone's LANG is fi_FI and geocaching-account is/was always in english)

Originally Posted by AapoRantalainen View Post
What is your phone's system language?

My phone's setting is de_DE. And I do not have such probs.
The only thing I might think of, is: does your username/password contain some special character? Which might get misinterpreted when switching the code tables between fi_FI and en_EN.
Just a guess (you might try using using only [a-z,A-Z,0-9]).

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2011-12-26 at 12:30.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post

does your username/password contain some special character? (you might try using using only [a-z,A-Z,0-9]).
I didn't have any special character on my password.
I had login issue (error message about language) and got it fixed without root, but starting once with LANG=en_EN.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
A few times now I have arrived at caches that have been archived. As I read the code, AGTL does not check for the archived status.

(How wonderful AGTL is, is beyond any doubt of course.)

When downloading the overview from an area, geocaching.com will normally only return the valid caches. Also when downloading all details for an area.

When downloading the details after entering the details of a selected cache, geocaching.com will send the html in which a warning block will state the cache has been archived.

The least I would like to see, is that in this case AGTL will set the status to DISABLED. I made some changes to cachedownloader.py, but cannot seem to test it. I asked webhamster; he is probably too busy and rightly so.

Could anyone else test the attached version of cachedownloader.py? If it works, we could simply ask webhamster to distribute it as an update to the parser.

The proposed functionality:
- Test for the 'Archived' warning block in the beginning of the page
- And/or test for the 'Archived' traffic cone at the logs (I doubled the effort as I couldn't get it to work.) This may be tricky as caches may be set to valid again after being archived.
- When Archived, give it a recognizable title like '-X-', put the word 'ARCHIVED' in front of the long title, and set the status to DISABLED/unavailable.

Cheers, Rob
Attached Files
File Type: zip cachedownloader.py 2.zip (8.0 KB, 97 views)

Hi, I'm struggling with the downloader again.

1. AGTL raises an exception when downloading the Overview for the Area.
raise Exception("Website contents unexpected. Please check connection.")
Downloading Details for the Area or within the Cache Details page is OK. Last Saturday I downloaded the overview without problems. Geocaching.com had an update yesterday. More people with this exception?

2. I located the exception at line 300 of cachedownloader.py at GitHub. Interestingly, the version is
VERSION = 20
VERSION_DATE = '2012-01-30'
while the version my N900 just updated to is version 19. Has version 20 not been released officially or do I have other problems? Anyone updated to version 20?

Thanks, Rob

Last edited by rob_kouw; 2012-02-15 at 11:44.

Hi all,
the downloader is currently not working because of the latest geocaching.com website update, with which they disabled the classic map view. I'm working on it, but this will be a lot of work!

Daniel

The Following User Says Thank You to webhamster For This Useful Post:
Just detetcted this also yesterday evening. Tried to cut it down, but was lost as the 'uvtoken' was not found anymore in the website. So I knew geocaching.com again changed their websites and ....
... then was too tired to post

Thanks webhamster for info; and hopefully soon a solution.
If we can help you, let us know (even my python and web programming skills are little).

@rob_kouw
Interestingly the raise is in your cachedownloader.py in line 300, I have this line as number 292?
VERSION = 19
VERSION_DATE = '2011-10-07'

Dear Daniel,

Most urgent question is "how do I download new caches (recently published) into AGTL?"
A short term solution would be to add a Tool to hildon_plugins.py. Enter the name/GC-code of a cache and download the details from there.

I am going to study on this. Biggest possible block would be if AGTL functions as follows:
- Download Overview creates cache records in the db.
- Download Details fills the almost empty record, but is not capable of creating a new cache record.

Let's see if I can get something to work. Then you could take your time to find the bigger solution.

Cheers, Rob

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post: