Active Topics

my vibration stopped working as well. i tried the code that's written in the other thread but nothing happened. do you guys have any other ideas what should i do?

The Following User Says Thank You to majesty For This Useful Post:
everything failed with me actually i dunno what 2 do!

The Following User Says Thank You to Limo For This Useful Post:
Hi...
I was experiencing same problem after installing Custom Rington for Each Contact.

Uninstalling the application, solved the problem, for now...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zozodark For This Useful Post:
remove custom ringtone .. i just installed it and i have my vibration back

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shreif For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
I have my N900 for over 4 years now and I am still happy with it. Two weeks ago my vibrations were dead, I could only hear a slight buzz and no tactile feedback or any shake happened, and yesterday the same.
My fix was entering in x-term
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_activat e string:'PatternIncomingCall'
and whilst is vibrating just hit it with the back cover on my knee and the vibrations came back.

cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Ouch...

I thought my vibration was dead, because I enabled it in profiles, and it still did not work.

So, I sent dbus command. MCE says: do not know anything about vibrator.

And then, I recall... How, long ago, I disabled vibrator module in /etc/mce/mce.ini... between keypad and led...

Hooray. Hopefully, vibrator will work soon, after mce restarts.

Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mirciox View Post
I have my N900 for over 4 years now and I am still happy with it. Two weeks ago my vibrations were dead, I could only hear a slight buzz and no tactile feedback or any shake happened, and yesterday the same.
My fix was entering in x-term
dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_vibrator_pattern_activat e string:'PatternIncomingCall'
and whilst is vibrating just hit it with the back cover on my knee and the vibrations came back.

cheers!
It sounds like you had the same problem I had once. That's how it begins, you can only hear a small noise and it will work again if you hit the device. Eventually, it will not work altogether. This is not a software issue, the problem is that after 4 years or so pocket lint may accumulate inside the device causing the motor to stop spinning. You'd be surprised, I certainly was!! The solution is to disassemble your n900, find the small motor and clean/rip off the lint obstructing it from rotating. I'm sure this will fix your problem and you'll be doing yourself a favor for the futue.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
It sounds like you had the same problem I had once. That's how it begins, you can only hear a small noise and it will work again if you hit the device. Eventually, it will not work altogether. This is not a software issue, the problem is that after 4 years or so pocket lint may accumulate inside the device causing the motor to stop spinning. You'd be surprised, I certainly was!! The solution is to disassemble your n900, find the small motor and clean/rip off the lint obstructing it from rotating. I'm sure this will fix your problem and you'll be doing yourself a favor for the futue.
Yeah, sure, it happened again a few times before, twice or so, but now I have no more problems, it fixed by itself!
Haven't opened it in a couple of years and I don't have the nerves to do it again...although I am getting mad because of No Sim card problem..but meh.

The Following User Says Thank You to mirciox For This Useful Post:

Tags
vibrator