Active Topics

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
I'm probably premature about owning the 770 since it won't be sold here in Thailand. But I have a question that's been bothering me. Can the 770 be operated using the battery charger with battery installed?

I usually don't read the warranties on the the stuff I own but the limited warranty in the 770 User Manual is a scary document.

Now back to tracking who is leaving for the States soon....

Hello thaibill, welcome to ITT

I'm not sure I understand your question fully. The 770 can be used while on the charger. If you're asking if the device can be operated using the battery charger without the battery installed, no it can't. Without the battery there is no using the device...charger or not.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Sorry for the confusion. I wanted to know if I could use the 770 with a battery charger. And you said it can. I can't wait to get one

Bill

Originally Posted by thaibill
I wanted to know if I could use the 770 with a battery charger.
You most definitely can do that. However, with the charger that Nokia supplies, if you have the backlight at full and wifi on, you won't be charging the battery. In fact, you will be slowly discharging the battery..

if you have the backlight at full and wifi on, you won't be charging the battery. In fact, you will be slowly discharging the battery..
Is that true? Can someone confirm?

The only mention in the manual regarding this issue is:

You can use the device while
charging. -- User Guide PDF page 8

The Following User Says Thank You to GenD For This Useful Post: