Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
If even my N800 memorycards would work with N810.. But no..

I guess its better get BT-keyboard for N800 course thats one I miss most..

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by DoS View Post
If the N800 gets overclocked to 400MHz with the new OS, I'll be getting it, no doubt about it.

If not, I'll probably not get anything, at least not for now with this huge price.
It will be overclocked with the OS upgrade. The N810 Software Product Manager stated that in an interview.

I'm not getting the N810, because
a) I'm no good with reduced-sized keyboards with too few keys, and
b) I prefer a full-size BT foldable keyboard for those occasions where the on-screen isn't good enough, and
c) I have a small BT GPS already, and
d) I can always buy Navicore separately if I need it, and
e) I really really need continued access to two full-sized SD slots.
As the keyboard, maps/navi, gps also add considerably to the cost with for me not-needed functionality, it's pretty obvious that the N810 is not a good match for me. For some people it will be the other way around.

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
1. Looks. Don't knock it till you tried it, didn't your mama ever teach you that?
2. Incredible if you've actually bought 2 SD cards for your N800. I would venture to say that a large majority of N800 owners are either using the one that came with it, or have purchased AT MOST one card. Upping it to 2GB built-in out of the box will be a big upgrade for most Tablet users
3. The 770 debuted at $379 (or something around there), and the N800 debuted at $399. The N810 is $479, but also comes with the car mount in the box, a first for the tablet series. Perhaps it's ~$20 too high, but it's not outrageous, considering the line's history.
4. It's a touchscreen.
5. Do you really use the camera?
Absolutely and may I remind the cheapskates that you get a GPS and keyboard with that price along with an overall more compact device.

This device is clearly better than the Applle IpodTouch in features and I am seriously considering it. I have neither device and no axes to grind.

Millhouse, yes, I did/do own the 770. I skipped N800. My point is that if the 770 never had had that hard cover, most people would never have even thought about asking for one. That what I meant by saying that Nokia made a mistake by including it in the 770 I.e. I was trying to be humorous. Sorry about that.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I think that the most exciting news for N800 owners is that the N810 intro doesn't render the N800 obsolete. The fact that both devices will be running on the same OS is a plus for the future longevity of the N800 (longevity measured in computer-years, of course).

The introduction gives consumers new to the space a choice--the n800 at the lower price point vs the n810 with keyboard and GPS. While I would suspect that the n810 would perform a little better than the n800 by virtue of it being a newer device, once the OS is updated, the performance difference between the two devices won't be so bad.

Again, I'm very excited about the intro, but mainly because of the implications for my n800.

Actually, the one (and only) killer thing the N810 has for me is that it apparently has a transflective screen (just read it in another thread).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Meraxupypr View Post
I think price is too high for almost same device as n800.
Yeah, but I'm still struggling to access the GPS and built-in keyboard of my N800...

Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
It will be overclocked with the OS upgrade. The N810 Software Product Manager stated that in an interview.
This is the best I've heard in a long time. Finally XviD videos on the N800 in 640x480 resolution! :-)

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
i've realized people whine and complain about the hardcover (like me) but that's also due to the fact that these tablets do have such fragile screens. When will Nokia copy Apple for their no bezel glass touch screens?