Poll: Do you miss your old phone???
Poll Options
Do you miss your old phone???

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States
Not sure...Each time I feel the need to go back (N97), each time it`s a painful reminder of S60 5th ed. indispositions even though served on much brighter and despite the lower resolution, significantly crispier screen. The reason I go back? Primarily for N97`s potent GPS (I AM SO MAD @ NOKIA FOR MAKING OVI MAPS FREE AND EXCLUDING N97 OWNERS W/N900 FOLLOWING!!!! THAT`S UNACCEPTABLE!), and perhaps to your surprise, I am using it for it`s size allows me to carry it in my armband case while running and listening to the music. I am currently satisfied with my N900, but without voice guidance in OVI in the future, HTC HD2 is becoming more and more tempting successor to the phone I will miss next

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
Still use my N82, because TomTom works on that one

As soon as Sygic becomes available, I think I'll stop using my N82.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Madrid, Spain
My old phone was an iPhone and I barely used it's "advanced" features due to its closeness. I'm a really really happy N900 user.

Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
Use kate from easy debian, if the keyboard problems are fixed already. The KDE file picker will let you sort by date, and kate will even remember what "tabs" you have open.
that's not really a solution is it, it took less than 1 second to navigate the menu to the notes app, i can't be bothered to use easy debian just for quick note taking..

last phone own was the 5800mx and the only thing i miss the most is one hand texting, people would say resistive screen texting isn't fast but boy can i prove them wrong with the help of the number pad t9.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by vdx29 View Post
Same Here. I still carry around my N95.

Was hoping to have most of the functionality of that in the N900 eventually, but now am becoming very disillusioned with this device.
Used to carry my N95 around a lot when I first got the N900 but these days, I only carry the N900 on me..( It has been over 2 weeks since I last used my N95). I am sure, I will need it when I need to drive to a place unknown to me...

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Had an Sony Ericsson K800i before. Not even a close match to the N900 of course.
Only thing i miss is using it for four to five days without having to charge. And maybe the xenon flash but i cant really compare. Haven't made many photos with the N900 yet.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I swtiched from N95 to N900. I don't regret it but there are things I miss about the N95:

- One-handed use!!!
- Not touchscreen, therefore no fingerprints all over the screen
- Turn-by-turn navigation in many flavors(Ovi, Garmin, Sygic, TomTom, etc) although none of them speak street names
- Google voice search, google local search using GPS, Google Maps. It is really useful.
- Abundance of free and paid apps, Games, J2ME support
- Buttons! Using joystick/keypad to navigate menus and programs (I was shocked N900 forces you to touch the screen in almost all places, despite having a qwerty keyboard and running landscape-only)
- Could play music and use the phone at the same time without it stopping and stuttering (N900 music player sucks...)
- Mobbler!
- An actual menu structure with folders that you could customize
- SlingPlayer. My slingbox is now a useless device :-/
- N95 has better stereo speakers than N900 in my opinion
- Easily accessible MicroSD slot that doesn't require me to rip the back cover off
- Front camera is actually usable, for example skype video chat works great

Things I like better in N900 than N95:
- The speed! Everything is so much faster in general.
- The screen! The high resolution is awesome.
- Linux! I use it as my primary desktop OS so having it on my phone makes me very comfortable. Having perl in my phone is sweet, and I look forward to making some Qt programs for my N900.
- UI is generally better-looking and easier to use than S60v3, (except for the menu which is better on N95).
- The web browser is better in just about every possible way
- USB 2.0. (N95 was uselessly slow in mass storage mode.)
- qwerty keyboard is better than numbers-only keypad, even though I think N900 keyboard layout really sucks in general. I hate when reviews say it has a "full qwerty keyboard". A keyboard that is lacking numbers and an apostrophe key is not "full" in my book. It has the letters of the English alphabet and that's about it. (After 1 month of use on my N900 I still type slower than I did with T9 mode on my N95.)
- app manager is infinitely better than symbian version

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Nope... but have fond memories of my 6610's wobbly keyboard and half-broken speaker will live on

Last edited by shiny; 2010-01-21 at 22:44.

Originally Posted by LuckTR View Post
Not sure...Each time I feel the need to go back (N97), each time it`s a painful reminder of S60 5th ed. indispositions even though served on much brighter and despite the lower resolution, significantly crispier screen. The reason I go back? Primarily for N97`s potent GPS (I AM SO MAD @ NOKIA FOR MAKING OVI MAPS FREE AND EXCLUDING N97 OWNERS W/N900 FOLLOWING!!!! THAT`S UNACCEPTABLE!), and perhaps to your surprise, I am using it for it`s size allows me to carry it in my armband case while running and listening to the music. I am currently satisfied with my N900, but without voice guidance in OVI in the future, HTC HD2 is becoming more and more tempting successor to the phone I will miss next
The free ovi maps for the N97 is already out what i've heard.
If not its comming next week.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post: