Hi linuxeventually,

I believe it is only officially Fennec when it is in Beta, but with final releases, it is officially called Firefox. Thanks for looking around for the source; I think we may need to wait on pavlov to provide a link to the current FF4b source instead of 1.1.

H.

The minimaist themes dont display the forum name, so it's easy to not realize this thread is in os2008 forum.

I wonder what the stability issues are, and how bad they are relatively speaking. Just recently had to reboot my n810 after 70 days uptime and daily use, when the hw keys stopped working properly

8 did find at one pont a wiki page at mozilla.org, some of the issues surrounding battey charging (with which I'm pretty familiar) were either misunderstood or just wrong.

In general, the N810 does immediately reboot if anything goes wrong though..

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza
youtube enabler not run , only compatible with older versions.

firefox 4 beta 1 youtube disable, it have not got flash player plugin enable or not installed

Posts: 439 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ spain-aragon-zaragoza

firefox 4 beta 1 youtube disable, it have not got flash player plugin enable or not installed

Originally Posted by samipower View Post

How did you get firefox to work on N8x0/ OS2008?

Last edited by hordeman; 2010-10-24 at 17:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
New beta 2 is available!
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...mo5-gtk/en-US/

"Try the second release of Firefox 4 Beta for Android and Maemo. Smaller, sleeker, faster! http://mzl.la/dyoWN7 " ~MozMobile

// Roth

Last edited by Roth; 2010-11-04 at 19:51.

Wow. Second beta is waaaaaay better than the first. Loads faster, sync is better, UI is exponentially improved, etc.
This might now be my default browser. I was using microb but this is stellar.

4~b2 is seriously so much more responsive ui wise, sliding to the left and right doesn't feel like im grinding a granite stone across my screen anymore

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
The UI is there and some really nice touches like the zooming in on textbox elements etc but its still not as fast as microB. The UI of fennec and the speed of microB would be by far the best mobile browser on any platform. Hopefully meego brings a fully optimized version of this browser.

I appreciate that Beta 2 is nice, but this is about it NOT being released for OS2008, or the n8x0s.
@Roth, Raven, Cincibluer6, Mobiledivide: Have you all installed firefox 4 on an n800 or n810 running OS2008? If so, how? If not, then this is not the place to discuss how well it's working on your device, this thread is about getting it to work/why is it not being released for OS2008.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cstryon For This Useful Post: