this is no excuse that its a tablet computer nd not a phone.. we r using it as a phone and nokia is cell phone manufacturing company.. so it is a phone and 3g video calling is one of the basic feature in most of the phones.. 3g data cards are also used on tablets netbooks notebooks and with its help we can make a videocall thru our laptop... so y nt the all mighty N900???

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by amritpal2489 View Post
this is no excuse that its a tablet computer nd not a phone.. we r using it as a phone and nokia is cell phone manufacturing company.. so it is a phone and 3g video calling is one of the basic feature in most of the phones.. 3g data cards are also used on tablets netbooks notebooks and with its help we can make a videocall thru our laptop... so y nt the all mighty N900???
So, again, how do we get Nokia's attention to come up with a 3G video call application? or how do we vote priority for Maemo developers? Rather than just talking about it? All the points discussed so far are accurate, but we are still preaching to the choir? This is a truly fundamental and useful phone application. Let's make it happen before the N900 becomes obsolete

yes, 3g video calling is a very much needed and available in most phones these days. how to get nokia's attention to this? can the maemo coucil members put it forwad to nokia officially?

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
I don't know where you got that, but I have been using skype on linux, for at least four years.

Just thought I'd let you know.

/oxpo
n900 skype video doesn't work for desktop Mac/Linux video skype clients, only the latest windows release. This is odd considering that the n900 is just an arm linux platform itself.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by damion View Post
n900 skype video doesn't work for desktop Mac/Linux video skype clients, only the latest windows release. This is odd considering that the n900 is just an arm linux platform itself.
Video now works with Skype Beta 5 for Mac osx and N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I was excited seeing this thread alive again, and thought someone finally came up with 3G video call...but it's just another disappointment wait again

Still keeping my fingers crossed...positive thinking...

Originally Posted by Joseph.skb View Post
I was excited seeing this thread alive again, and thought someone finally came up with 3G video call...but it's just another disappointment wait again

Still keeping my fingers crossed...positive thinking...
You need to encourage the fMMS author to try.

Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Video now works with Skype Beta 5 for Mac osx and N900.
Well it's still not Linux but I wonder if that also has a beta, I'll have to check...

looks like we are never going to be able to make video calls from our beloved n900

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
no hope left to me! does meego or maemo 6 support 3G video calls?

edit: btw is there a way to add skype in contacts and conversation things for indian firmware. I was thinking of flashing my phone sometimes later if there is no way to ad skype protocal.

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2011-02-23 at 14:26.