Is anyone else a little annoyed that the new Firefox 4 beta for maemo, is only for fremantle. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am frustrated. Our Fennec is a joke. And don't tell me it's because of the legacy devices, Opera runs just fine on maemo 4. Give me better fennec, or give me the firefox 4 beta. I guess I just expected more from mozilla. :/

The Following User Says Thank You to cstryon For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
Oh thats mean - spoiling a good rant!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phedders For This Useful Post:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/m/beta

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

On my old n810, fennec requires updates of many packages, but sadly these updates are not automatically provided anymore. Is there an easy way to update n810?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Nairobi, Kenya
I have tried installing the Firefox 4 beta but the installed software details read 'Installed version:1.1' and 'Size: 32.9MB'. Is this the beta version? Am not very technical and need some guidance.

I first did an uninstall and then followed the link to download Firefox 4 beta. I still find the browser a bit cranky and still prefer MicroB.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by albright View Post
On my old n810, fennec requires updates of many packages, but sadly these updates are not automatically provided anymore. Is there an easy way to update n810?
Likewise for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to heavyt For This Useful Post:
Did this install on your n810? Mine won't install, looking for missing dependencies. As I understand, this is for n900, not the n8x0. Please tell me I am missing something.

EDIT: Ok so attempting that deb, I now see it is a chinook release. (which should work on OS2008 right?). Problem is the dependencies are not anywhere to be found. Anyone know where I can find them? And if you want to know what it's dependencies are, if you can tell me how to copy the list from application manager I will post them.

Last edited by cstryon; 2010-10-08 at 17:22.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
perhaps adding the chinook repos help?

never mind, this is probably fremantle only. among other things it wants is glib 2.20.0 or higher. If it was for chinook then diablo would by definition have satsfied that.

Last edited by tso; 2010-10-08 at 20:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
just to be sure we've covered all bases, how would I go about enabling chinook repos?