Posts: 81 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Serbia
I am using QtCreator 2.5 (on Windows 7 64bit) and when I run game to my N900 (via USB) it creates .deb file.
Is this enough to distribute game?

I haven't modified anything in .pro file yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to draxcp6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
The new project I had in had in mind stems from this thread.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83959

It's called Juicer and is command line only, so it's not very sexy, but it has all of the potential to be one of the best music downloading scripts you will find anywhere.

Does this possibly interest anyone?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by draxcp6 View Post
I am using QtCreator 2.5 (on Windows 7 64bit) and when I run game to my N900 (via USB) it creates .deb file.
Is this enough to distribute game?

I haven't modified anything in .pro file yet.
A deb should be enough, as long as all the dependencies are on Maemo repositories.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Kajaani, Finland
Hi folks!

2012 coding competition got me started finally to implement the software I have had on my mind for a while. My problem is that I would like to measure easily the input power of the wooden pellets burner that is used to warm our house.

This problem will be solved by graphical Biopower application for N900.

BioPower is partially derived work from Babyphone by Roman Morawek. However, BioPower's purpose of the use is totally different than Babyphone, so personally I see BioPower as a new application. So what do you think - may I enter the competition with BioPower?

Initially I placed BioPower in category Others, but it could also be in Desktop, System & Utilities. Is Others the correct category by your opinion? If not, what would be the correct choice?

Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to jukra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Sorry, I had no time reading the whole thread. I hope I haven't missed something important the past months.

Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Oh you better, it wouldn't be the same without atleast one application from you helex!
Kojacker... I had a really, really bad conscience during the summer... a coding competition done by zehjotkah and kojacker and I'm not participating.

So, I changed my mind... you asked for it and I took a single day off from work. Especially for you, kojacker. A single day to have something to submit. Only some hours to code and I must say, my N900-x-ray App was really, really useful compared to... ... ... ehm, my newest project.

So, I added myself to the wiki of participants. But I need to sleep a night over it. Not because to protect you from my app, no. But I'm afraid to get hurt physically this time.

But, searching badly the good news: I'm sure I will be unable to win anything this time. It is anyway not needed since I already have a Nokia N950 and more talented developers could do much more important (Mer & jolla) stuff with it than me.

Thanks for running again this great competition!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to helex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by helex View Post
So, I changed my mind... you asked for it and I took a single day off from work.
Well done!

I have added just my open source projects to the list too. I am participating with location2sms which already took part in the competition last year but now has new features and I started porting it to Android as well as MoGateway. As as wrote earlier MoGateway is a beginning project for email to SMS gateway app for smartphones. It main target for the moment is Nokia N9

The Following User Says Thank You to leon.anavi For This Useful Post:
So if I got this right, I can release my finished application now (as it falls into the competition timeline) and then it is eligible to be submitted as soon as the Competition Submission page is going online?

Does is matter how it is released? Just update my thread on TMO, submit for Nokia store, etc...?

The Following User Says Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
So if I got this right, I can release my finished application now (as it falls into the competition timeline) and then it is eligible to be submitted as soon as the Competition Submission page is going online?

Does is matter how it is released? Just update my thread on TMO, submit for Nokia store, etc...?
I might be wrong, but you can't submit existing app, only if you bring major update to it. So if you didn't announce it yet — you are welcome to, otherwise think of bringing update with new features or UI re-write or something that would be "major update"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
I might be wrong, but you can't submit existing app, only if you bring major update to it. So if you didn't announce it yet — you are welcome to, otherwise think of bringing update with new features or UI re-write or something that would be "major update"
That's exactly what I did :-)

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81501

That's also why I put it into the Update category.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:

Tags
happy new year, mcc2012, merry christmas