The web site is in English and Chinese only. I speculate that a Chinese device maker has licensed the Nokia brand....

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by mkleung View Post
The web site is in English and Chinese only. I speculate that a Chinese device maker has licensed the Nokia brand....
Yep, I would say so, Chinese hardware with Nokia's Z launcher overlaid. Nothing necessarily wrong with that though, Apple products are essentially Chinese HW as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
No GSM in this.
MS deal is blocking them, May be for another year n half or little more.
However Android L can give them much needed attention and traction, But I hope sooner or latter they will come up with Nokia Phones.
At this moment Nokia deserve our best wishes for their comeback, At least they had a plan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DieHard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Barcelona - Spain
They can't release smartphones under the Nokia brand until 2016. I think this is a first step in the good direction. If Sailfish can be installed then even better.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Fatalist View Post
They can't release smartphones under the Nokia brand until 2016. I think this is a first step in the good direction. If Sailfish can be installed then even better.
Well, am I the only one that thinks a gsm phone in every device is stupid?

I use my tablet with wifi. If I need it on the go, I will use my phone as a wifi router.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Originally Posted by mikelima View Post
Well, am I the only one that thinks a gsm phone in every device is stupid?

I use my tablet with wifi. If I need it on the go, I will use my phone as a wifi router.
can be useful for gps navigation

Originally Posted by Jeffrey04 View Post
can be useful for gps navigation
This is what i thought, no gps?

i love that they used the Type-C USB physical interface, but they could have used USB 3.0 electrical interface rather than USB 2.0.

nice device, if it ran sailfish i'd be over the moon!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Android.... Hmmm... Oh well, they could have compromised and used the Jolla launcher for Android. Hey, what ever happened to that launcher? I tried an alpha version on my galaxy tab pro 8.4 a while back and it wasn't that bad. Just needed a few tweaks here and there...

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Intel Atom processor .. sounds like there are good chances a proper Linux can be installed here, am I wrong?

Tags
alive, nokia