Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Sorry, as this question probably is not very adding to the discussion, but as all Ubuntu builds seem to only run on 2.6.35 on N900, what is KP based on? Would it be possible to compile 2.6.35 with the patches for KP? I am asking as 12.04 seems to be running quite successfully on N900 (but only on 2.6.35) and as it uses latest libc6/libglib/... I was wondering if maybe 2.6.35+KP patches would allow us to update(overwrite/butcher) those libs without getting 'FATAL: kernel too old' error?
KP based on 2.6.28 and this will not change until Nokia reveals the sources for all the closed-source programs like the telephone applications and the hardware drivers for example.
I doubt they ever will so the only option to run other kernels is a dual boot, but than missing basic functions of the hardware.
Another question: why it has to be Ubuntu? I am using easydebian since n810-times and now on the n900- at the same time with maemo OS.
If you are looking for desktop-programs you find on ubuntu too use easy-debian. But now it's getting completely off-topic

CU Michael

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magic_doc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by magic_doc View Post
KP based on 2.6.28 and this will not change until Nokia reveals the sources for all the closed-source programs like the telephone applications and the hardware drivers for example.
I doubt they ever will so the only option to run other kernels is a dual boot, but than missing basic functions of the hardware.
Another question: why it has to be Ubuntu? I am using easydebian since n810-times and now on the n900- at the same time with maemo OS.
If you are looking for desktop-programs you find on ubuntu too use easy-debian. But now it's getting completely off-topic

CU Michael
Well, forward-porting n900 specific drivers could be doable, but it will be a hard and time-consuming job with unclear end result. BTW KP has so much fixes from newer kernels backported, that I would not call it 2.6.28

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Is there any problems/bugs with last pre50 version?

If no, then I will push final version v50 to extras-devel & testing.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post

just reading this gives me the wierdest boner.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain

What about the unknown symbols in isp_mod?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:

Are you talking about the usual place, from 19-Feb-2012 22:14?

I was still using the one from 15th Feb, I will upgrade it and let's see...

Tnx & Bye

Doc

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
What about the unknown symbols in isp_mod?
In freemangordon scratchbox build there are no unknown symbols... So I think problem is only with madde. autobuilder in extras using scratchbox, so this can be ignored...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Would you first promote v49 to Extras?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria

AFAIK, KP50 is rock stable. There was one user who reported broken video playback, it turns out on his device gstreamer-openmax was causing DSP to give MMU faults. Solution was to get rid of gstreamer-openmax package and use the latest upstream gst-dsp.

In short, push KP50 in repos, if anyone has the same problem with DSP, the solution is known, will see how new gst-dsp will be distributed.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
kppre50 from pali and freemangordon is different? i use kppre50 from freemangordon, and its stable, thx so much for both of them, ur all make my N900 never old,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou