Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
I just reflowed the GSM chips again after getting a weird problem from it:

-Call a friend, 1-2-3 mins pass, he can't hear me, he disconnects, and I get Network error, the signal disappears completely and after about 1 second everything works just fine and I can talk up to 1h without any problems.

This just happened today after the first reflow, but after that error, I could call and be called without problems.

Got home, made the second reflow, finish the process, put it all back together, and called the same friend, call connected, he answers, he said he couldn't hear me, disconnects, signal went missing for half a second, then he calls me, everything went back to normal. Talked with him about 10 mins after he called me, then I call him and talked for 10 more mins, no more problems.

Can this be a software issue? What could be the problem...?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Sounds like a network problem to me, not your phones'.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Sounds like a network problem to me, not your phones'.
Maybe... But only with the same guy... I don't know, just sent a mass SMS to all my contact for easter, and it sent ~100 sms without a flaw, and without loosing any signal...

Any other oppinions?

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
delete his contact and add again. i dunno just blank guess

Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
delete his contact and add again. i dunno just blank guess
I don't think that's gonna work...

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by TheoX View Post
Maybe... But only with the same guy... I don't know, just sent a mass SMS to all my contact for easter, and it sent ~100 sms without a flaw, and without loosing any signal...
<ot>Easter? Interesting. I hadn't realized Romania was running on Orthodox calendar..<,/ot>

I had a phone once which suddenly developed a very unreliable connection. SMS would usually work, but calls often sounded distorted to the other party - even though they seemed OK to me. Sometimes the phone would restart just by answering a call.

It turned out to be the battery. Distorted calls would happen whenever the battery level was below something like 90% and reset below 70%. Replacing the battery fixed it for another four years (until I got my N900 ).

SMS works better because it works in short bursts and tries several times until it succeeds. Calls are continuous and tax the battery much more, and you notice the problems right away. Maybe it only happens with this guy because all your calls with anyone else are much shorter?

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
<ot>Easter? Interesting. I hadn't realized Romania was running on Orthodox calendar..<,/ot>

I had a phone once which suddenly developed a very unreliable connection. SMS would usually work, but calls often sounded distorted to the other party - even though they seemed OK to me. Sometimes the phone would restart just by answering a call.

It turned out to be the battery. Distorted calls would happen whenever the battery level was below something like 90% and reset below 70%. Replacing the battery fixed it for another four years (until I got my N900 ).

SMS works better because it works in short bursts and tries several times until it succeeds. Calls are continuous and tax the battery much more, and you notice the problems right away. Maybe it only happens with this guy because all your calls with anyone else are much shorter?
Thank you for this post. In case this will happen again, I will change the battery with the one from my spare N900.

After a while, the problem with all telephone disabled appeared again. I got home right now, and HEATED the s*it out of the GSM chip, all of them, bent the SIM card door, and now everything is fit!

I will test it out... and say if it worked or not.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
i had this problem of signal dropping continuously.. i tighten the screws of my phone.. its fine till now..

Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
i had this problem of signal dropping continuously.. i tighten the screws of my phone.. its fine till now..
Vis... My N900 is dead... for good... Now it won't even start... I started a funeral thread...