Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 280 | Thanked: 295 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Romania
4:28AM Both my N900 died.

Why?
The first one, the FLEX ribbon from the motherboard to the SD card broke, the USB was broken and now... I can call it dead...

The second after heating up the GSM chip won't start anymore... So now I don't have any N900, I just have some spare parts...

I am almost crying right now... I feel lost...

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I was already freaked about your soldering iron heating idea....i told u not to do that excliptly.
Btw you still can refurbish one by reusing the parts get that damm thing repaired by someone.
Most probably the nw ic you heated got displaced a little and you can get flex cable from ebay also the usb port is easily repairable
can you post some closeups??

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
thats sad!! have any plans of getting a new one.. i think i saw N900 @amazon for $200

EDIT: if u have plans of repair check out this thread and here is the flex cable..

Last edited by visN900; 2013-05-05 at 02:06.

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
I was already freaked about your soldering iron heating idea....i told u not to do that excliptly.
Btw you still can refurbish one by reusing the parts get that damm thing repaired by someone.
Most probably the nw ic you heated got displaced a little and you can get flex cable from ebay also the usb port is easily repairable
can you post some closeups??
I can't make any closeups because the digital camera is low on battery, the phone I am using now it's a Motorola E8 so 2Mpx with no autofocus.

Ok the problems are these.

On one of them the flex cable connecting the sd card to the motherboard was broken. On the other phone, after heating up the gsm, when to put back the shield I touched the chips with my sweaty hand from the soldering iron, and I think a drop of water touched the chips. Now the whole phone won't turn on...

So I hate my life... I think I'm going in a depression, I have no decent smartphone now... Please wish me luck because I asked my cousin to make me a gift and give me her's SG1...

As for the motherboard that won't start, I washed it with water + soap solution and now it's drying up... This is it's last chance...

Water + soap???
Hell ! Wtf??
You crazy??
It is to be done by alchol or thinner type things easily avilable in home lol

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
thats sad!! have any plans of getting a new one.. i think i saw N900 @amazon for $200
I don't think so... I don't think so... Why? Because I'm too scared to get a new one...

Buying the 1st one costed me 450 RON which means 104 EUROS, and the second one was 350 RON which means 82 EUROS.

Because I am a good student I get some money since march. I get 65 euros/mo. The 1st N900 I bought in march 104, and the second in april 82 - 104+82=186euros. Until now... I got from my college only 65+65=130 euros... So I saved up money, I sat indoors, not to go outside and spend. I used the car only to go to college and home... I did all of that for what? FOR NOTHING... NOW TO HAVE SOME SPARE PARTS TO USE WHERE?!

I AM TOO DAMN SCARED... I AM TOO SCARED TO GET ANOTHER BROKEN ONE!...

Water + soap???
Hell ! Wtf??
You crazy??
It is to be done by alchol or thinner type things easily avilable in home lol
I saw another user that did this and the phone and gsm went running again... Whatever, the phone won't even start anymore (before the wash). As I said... I am depressed and desperate. I would do anything to have an working smartphone... Exams are coming, I need something to help me keep even those 65 euros...

Damn my life...

Ya sure please dont get one
lets spare a n900

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Ya sure please dont get one
lets spare a n900
Ok, I got the idea... You were a welcoming community, every of you are good people. I wish you all the luck in the world, and keep you N900 safe, make them last over every other new generation of phones! Make me proud that I once owned a N900.

Before I go, because I have nothing to do here anymore... I want to leave you the folder with my little projects.

An icon pack i've edited, the beats audio driver, a lockscreen i've edited, and a transition file i've made.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2pwwoo576po7a

Goodbye...

?? Keep them both when u find time you can repair them as seriously nothing has happend the gsm chip got displaced and about the flex . I dont even consider it a issue
now you have more reasons to get one as u believe them as scrap boards you have hell lota orignal parts available
and do post closeups some time let me see....

Tags
what a tool