Poll: Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)
Poll Options
Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)

Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
This batch almost complete.
Shipping hopefully on wednesday 10.12.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B4XQMq3CIAEeTkD.jpg:large
Hi Kimmo!

I really want to buy one of your new TOHOLED-case. How do I order?

My PM-function doesn't work

/Edgarx100

The Following User Says Thank You to edgarx100 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
For inquiries, send me email to

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
For inquiries, send me email to https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-D...7-h20-no/t.jpg
Done!
Many thanks,Kimmoli

The Following User Says Thank You to edgarx100 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Yunfu city,Guangdong province,China
how about the price ?
http://bbs.dospy.com/forum-315-1.html

The Following User Says Thank You to yaliang For This Useful Post:
I'm in progress of refractoring toholed packaging as per request by Jolla.

It will combine everything in a single RPM package.

No actual functional changes, but i for those who use manually installed packages, i will post here an update after it passes Jolla QA.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
For me it seems, that the 1.1.1.27 has an sideeffekt to the proxymity sensor.
I always have the settings 'Display off when active' and 'Proximity' checked.
So normal use case for me at night:
- put the jolla on the table with toholed on top
- put something on the proximity sensor to switch the oled off(to not lighten the room)

The day use case for me is of course the oled activated (during meetings for example).

Actually the proximity sensor doesn't work as reliable as before.

After systemctl restart harbour-toholed.service i switch the main display off.
Then i put my finger on the proximity sensor and off.

Before the sailfishos update i'm sure you could activate the oled by the proximity sensor like a switch.
Now sometimes i have longer response times than before until the point where it doesn't act anymore .

By restarting the service i can again use it for some times.
So generally i suppose the sensor is ok.

Anyone can state that behaviour or am i the only one having this problem ?

(journalctl - f out of the box reports nothing about the proximity sensor state)

Originally Posted by asys3 View Post
For me it seems, that the 1.1.1.27 has an sideeffekt to the proxymity sensor.
I always have the settings 'Display off when active' and 'Proximity' checked.
The 'Display off when main active' needs some work, e.g. it will turn oled on, even when proximity is present when phone's own display goes off. And seen also that oled is on, even when phone's display is on.

Before the sailfishos update i'm sure you could activate the oled by the proximity sensor like a switch.
Now sometimes i have longer response times than before until the point where it doesn't act anymore .
This has always been sort of like this. The toholed proximity sensor does not wake up the phone, it should serve this when phone's own proximity is triggered (which wakes up the phone from sleep)

And it should also check the proximity every 30 sec.

(journalctl - f out of the box reports nothing about the proximity sensor state)
Code:
devel-su journalctl -f | grep toholed
should show proximity state changes when hovering hand over it:

Code:
tammi 25 11:48:38 Jolla harbour-toholed[28808]: Interrupt: Proximity detect:       ALS C0     8 C1     3 prox  1011
tammi 25 11:48:38 Jolla harbour-toholed[28808]: Interrupt: Proximity cleared:      ALS C0     1 C1     0 prox   808
tammi 25 11:48:39 Jolla harbour-toholed[28808]: Interrupt: Proximity detect:       ALS C0     0 C1     0 prox  1023
tammi 25 11:48:39 Jolla harbour-toholed[28808]: Interrupt: Proximity cleared:      ALS C0     6 C1     2 prox   600
tammi 25 11:48:39 Jolla harbour-toholed[28808]: Interrupt: Proximity detect:       ALS C0     6 C1     2 prox  1023
Now, one thing that can be, the proximity threshold is too close to the "ambient" value.
This can be checked by enabling ALS (disable 'Display off when active' for the test).
Run above journal command, and expose phone to different lights (with e.g. flashlight) keeping objects away from the sensor. Then following prints are shown, and prox value should remain about the same:
Code:
tammi 25 12:01:22 Jolla harbour-toholed[17903]: Interrupt: Auto brightness adjust: ALS C0  1508 C1   318 prox   583
tammi 25 12:01:24 Jolla harbour-toholed[17903]: Interrupt: Auto brightness adjust: ALS C0    36 C1     9 prox   583
tammi 25 12:01:24 Jolla harbour-toholed[17903]: Interrupt: Auto brightness adjust: ALS C0  1157 C1   241 prox   581
tammi 25 12:01:25 Jolla harbour-toholed[17903]: Interrupt: Auto brightness adjust: ALS C0    34 C1     9 prox   578
For my toholed, ambient proximity is kinda high, ~580 and close to the default threshold level of 650. (This is caused by the IR light reflecting already from the 3d-print)
maximum for this value is 1023.
(Most of the assemblies had ambient values < 200)

I have made factory calibrations for these, as it did depend on the color of the otherhalf, and also how accurately i managed to align pcb to the 3d print.
calibration value is stored in eeprom, and you should see it in journal, when restarting harbour-toholed.
My toholed has proximity threshold of 901
Code:
tammi 25 11:58:19 Jolla harbour-toholed[17903]: EEPROM parameter 0 value 901
if the value shown there is 0 or >1023, the default 650 is used.

Changing eeprom value can be done with i2ctool, i'll provide instructions if the proximity threshold value needs tuning.

But, typical cause for proximity not to react, is that phone is sleeping (or there is some lint/fluff in the small holes, gently pressurised air puff should take care of it)

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the fast response.
I can find the proximity log entries in the log now.
Actually the sensor works as expected - perhaps the phone had to many parallel tasks so the reaction if the sensor was delayed.
Actually no problem.
I'll continue observing it.
Hope I was wrong and it only was a temporary problem and has nothing todo with the update or whatever .
Thanks again for the help and background information !
Uwe

Prototype of Lastu-toholed

Say Thanks to this post if you like it.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I like it very much. The price is totally acceptable and I would love to order one but I have this problem. Any hint on how to debug it? As mentioned there, neither lshal nor dmesg provided the answer, nor did cleaning the contacts as suggested here.

Tags
jolla toh, toholed