Active Topics

Originally Posted by Foodie N900 View Post
I switched from BB 8900. I cancelled BES unlimited data plan from T-Mobile - changed to the 9.99 plan and it works awesome. BTW The Chat Rep offered me first month free!! I am getting corporate emails via Mail for Exchange. It does say 3G right next to battery icon on top.

Speed Test: Dallas, Tx

internet2.voicestream.com
Dwnld : 1.48mbps
upload : .26mbps

epc.tmobile.com
Dwnld : 4.77mbps
Upload : .46mbps
How were you able to use epc.tmobile.com? When I try, it states that I need to upgrade my data plan or something to that effect.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
bottom of the signal bar tells you what you are pulling if it said 3g you are on 3g if 3.5g it 3.5g 2.5g i believe is edge someone correct me if i am wrong

Originally Posted by davetech View Post
How were you able to use epc.tmobile.com? When I try, it states that I need to upgrade my data plan or something to that effect.
That was initially when I got N900. Since then,T-Mobile disabled the epc.tmobile.com. Currently I am on internet2.voicestream.com.

I see. Are you getting the same speeds as before?

The Following User Says Thank You to ed00 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
So is there a concensus here on whether or not TMO total internet plans should stick with the internet2 APN or go with the epc APN? Or does it not matter at all?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ massachusetts
i got the 9.99 data plan from t-mobile and it worked fine. i even get 3.5 g's most places i go. all i had to do was throw in my sim card and i was online with impressive speeds..

Last edited by slew057; 2010-02-22 at 00:57.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
People with GPS problems: I accidentally discovered that GPS worked perfectly for me when I took the SIM out of the N900. Later I discovered the same was true when I had "Always Ask" as the setting under Internet Connection and was NOT connected to the Tmobile service at all. (Usually I'm connected to wireless at my house and GPS works fine there.)

Something to consider...

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Macon, GA | Warsaw, PL | Hanoi, VN
I used to have the grandfathered $5.99 data plan using epc.tmobile.com APN.
I recently changed my plan to the Even More Plus and had to sign up for the $10 data plan. Initially, I couldn't access the web or receive emails. Every time I tried to open a website, I was redirected to a t-mobile website saying I have to upgrade.
I popped my SIM card in a regular phone and web pages were loading with no problem. Then I put the SIM card back into my N900 and changed the APN settings to internet2.voicestream.com and everything was working again. I ran a speed test on speedtest.net and got the same down/up and latency as before (0.95Mbps/0.2Mbps and 100ms).

My conclusion is that with the $10 data plan, the APN has to be set to internet2.voicestream.com to be usable.

Originally Posted by Dinho View Post
Then I put the SIM card back into my N900 and changed the APN settings to internet2.voicestream.com and everything was working again. I ran a speed test on speedtest.net and got the same down/up and latency as before (0.95Mbps/0.2Mbps and 100ms).

My conclusion is that with the $10 data plan, the APN has to be set to internet2.voicestream.com to be usable.
Yes, that has been working fine with my N900... however, it doesn't work on a Google Nexus S phone -- same SIM and same APN of internet.voicestream.com... a web proxy answers advising that a more expensive data plan is required.

On a related matter, with accounts set with the $10 Web Unlimited plan when going into "account management" it wants to convert that data plan option to a $10 250MB option... apparently, good for any smartphone as they advertise access to 4G.

Has anyone done the conversion, any pros / cons...? Did anyone do tethering with the $10 Web Unlimited plan?