I added music to my N900.
Media tracker scanned them, 1492 and as a result it ignored 109 songs.

I did tracker-processes --hard-reset and /etc/osso-if-anit/tracker.sh -start and it started scanning them again. And again it ignored same amount of songs, 109.

These files are perfectly working on my n95 and iPod, id3v2 tags etc.

How to get it scan those files too ? Do I need to spam that database hard reset and start until the end of the time in the hopes of it some day scanning them ? ._."

e. this is really really frustrating, no matter what I've done it wont scan certain albums.

Last edited by luomuhappo; 2011-04-23 at 14:29.

Desperate bump. I'd really like it to scan all my files instead of getting bored and skipping some albums for giggles. Right now out of 1500 it is skipping about 200 songs.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Is there anything different about the songs it is skipping?

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Is there anything different about the songs it is skipping?
Whats the file type of these ignored files? Like mp3's, aac, wav, flac, ogg or something like that.

You might want to install "Extra Decoders Support" app and then try scanning again to see if those files get recognized then.

.mp3, id3v2 every audio file I put there. Works right on my N95 (checked) and on my iPod Touch (checked). Some of the files it just scanned like half, there is artist name, but not album, title or track number for example (or no artist name or title, but album title is there).

Edit. it seems that I was too happy about earlier: changing id3v2 tags to v2.4 only helped three albums. it still wont scan about 10 albums which both ipod touch and n95 can scan correctly. holy hell this media player was worser than I remembered

Last edited by luomuhappo; 2011-04-25 at 15:12.

http://i.imgur.com/0OnzY.png
I installed MediaBox to check how it would scan the files. Well it sure scanned all and every album appeared; even those which the default player refused to scan. BUT there appears to some weird letters in front of the albums which default player didnt scan but MediaBox did. These letters (weird Y letter and b) don't appear in Foobar2000 when editing file tags, or at ipod touch or at n95.

Just gotta figure how to get rid of them now.