Please see this page for more info:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ection_Q1_2011

Post your nominations on the Maemo Community Development mailing list via maemo-community@maemo.org.

The current Council looks forward to hearing from you!

Link: Original article.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CommunityCouncil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
So far, timoph, sjgadsby and SD69 have been nominated.

If you ever believed someone should have been in the Maemo Community Council, this is the time to say so! Please do it!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I would vote for someone who didn't post crucial information on a mailing list I don't wish to subscribe to. Since mailing lists are essentially private to those who subscribe, they are not good media for public discussions.

I would vote for someone who promised that there would be no community projects without being sure that the communty knew about them and that meeting times for discussions of those projects would be posted publically before the discussions were held and that the contents of those discussions would be posted.

I would vote for someone who advocated that the Council's role be expanded in view of recent events and not defined in terms of its relation to specific companies such as Nokia.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I would vote for someone who didn't post crucial information on a mailing list I don't wish to subscribe to. Since mailing lists are essentially private to those who subscribe, they are not good media for public discussions.
Surprise of surprises, I am not subscribed to the mailing list and yet I've found all of the above information.

It does not take to be a former council member to be able to do that...

Yet, I am willing to forward any nomination written here to the mailing list, as long as it's reasonably well developed and written.
(And viceversa).

Read the above nominations for examples; you basically need to briefly (~90 words) describe who are you nominating and why.

Remember that:
A ) You can nominate anyone you'd like to from the following list:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Coun...ble_candidates
(includes anyone with >100 Karma point)
B) You can nominate yourself, if required and you have more than 100 Karma points.
C) Please fully understand the Council mission before doing that!

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-03-08 at 14:11.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I would...
Since you've got all of these great ideas, why not nominate yourself?

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
So far, timoph, sjgadsby and SD69 have been nominated.

If you ever believed someone should have been in the Maemo Community Council, this is the time to say so! Please do it!
Just to let you know that I'm still thinking about this.

Which brings me to the thing why I'm thinking about it: Does the Maemo community need someone who's mainly involved with MeeGo? Although I am currently working with the MeeGo 1.2 N900 developer thing which is something that the Maemo community is interested in. Other thing I would like the Maemo community to push is MeeGo armv6 builds to make people's n8x0's useful again (at least from a hacker point of view). Of course there are other things but those would be the main things in my 6 month agenda.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Since you've got all of these great ideas, why not nominate yourself?

Tim
I've thought about it, but (a) it takes more than one vote to get elected, and (b) Penguinbait didn't seem to enjoy his council experience, and (c) I'm still a bitter-ender over the issue that InternetTabletTalk was illegitimately usurped by Maemo.org. Also (d) I have long thought that this site is ruled by a cabal of the power elite and I don't want to participate in that. I think that these sneaky elitists have done a fairly good job recently, though.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I would like to nominate MohammadAG, Jaffa, Timsamoff, Nicolai and D-livil.

As those have stood out and have shown the community they are valuable and competent. The ability to be active and have good understanding of maemo.orgs inner working will be extra important during the next term.

I would also like the Council to be extended to 8-9 people instead of the 5 as it is now.

I know i am forgetting someone...

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by timoph View Post
Just to let you know that I'm still thinking about this.

Which brings me to the thing why I'm thinking about it: Does the Maemo community need someone who's mainly involved with MeeGo? Although I am currently working with the MeeGo 1.2 N900 developer thing which is something that the Maemo community is interested in. Other thing I would like the Maemo community to push is MeeGo armv6 builds to make people's n8x0's useful again (at least from a hacker point of view). Of course there are other things but those would be the main things in my 6 month agenda.
Having thought about this for a while I've come to the conclusion that I'm too busy with other things and not that involved with the maemo community so I would of little use for anyone in the maemo community so I am rejecting the nomination.

The things stated in my previous post above can be done without being in the council.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
I would like to nominate MohammadAG, Jaffa, Timsamoff, Nicolai and D-livil.

As those have stood out and have shown the community they are valuable and competent. The ability to be active and have good understanding of maemo.orgs inner working will be extra important during the next term.

I would also like the Council to be extended to 8-9 people instead of the 5 as it is now.

I know i am forgetting someone...
I totally agree. All the above mentioned names and few others have done some really amazing things to this community and their contributions are one of the major reasons why this community keeps going. It would be great to see those contributors getting nominated to the council. Thanks,