Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
This month it's all about coming back to RL after the summer (at least for students...)
As chenliangchen says:
"September is the end of summer, and the beginning of a new academic year. School time has left long ago but the memory of being a student is still fresh, especially the sad feeling of "end of long summer holiday" and the hope for next holiday... So the theme of September will be "Back to School" and can be interpreted as broad as possible."
I think it fits this month nicely.

The rules:
Photos must be taken during this month.
Photos must be taken by the posting member.
Photos must be taken with a camera phone.
Users must name the phone used to shoot the picture.
Users must add a link to the original photo with EXIF.
Users can change the entry only once.
Last three days of this month are for voting.

And I hope that more people will enter this competition.
Any ideas for improving or changing any bit of this competition can be pointed out here. Thanks and happy shooting!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
yes my uni started today. will take a photo and post it for sure.

edit: despite being a simple competition no one posted a single pic yet. strange.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2014-09-15 at 17:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I have got some pictures already, didn't post because I still think I may take a better one. There is only one chance.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
edit: despite being a simple competition no one posted a single pic yet. strange.
well, it's only simple for people who are or have kids in school... if an 'older' guy goes to a random school and starts taking pictures of children , he might seem a bit 'creepy '

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You can go to your local supermarket and take a picture of a rack of school uniforms

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I'll think of something next week.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
What should I do now? No more interest in this competition, from people not having time for it, the end of summer, a complicated theme...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
What should I do now? No more interest in this competition, from people not having time for it, the end of summer, a complicated theme...
i'm still interested in participating i had a hard time coming up with ideas for these last few competitions. my suggestion is a return to the basics. the competitions with the highest participation have been basic, well defined themes: macro, anything, red, wild nature. you've been running these competitions since the start Half-Life, why don't you pick a new theme? it's fall time for many of us, maybe a fall color theme?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I would not say that "anything" is a well defined theme. I suspect the diminishing number of entries has more to do with the wider problem of the diminishing number of active TMO members.

Anyway, here is my entry. It has pretty much everything wrong with it. To start with, the light is wrong: the main reason I hesitated for so long was that I was waiting for a good light. Unfortunately the room has good light only at certain times of the day when I am usually not at home. Another thing is that I accidentally took the picture at low resolution and noticed only after copying it to the PC, packaging the original and rotating for an upload to TMO and I was too lazy to go through it all over again at higher resolution. There are also Blu-Tac stains all over the wall left after removing older pictures.

The picture is my 4 ¾ years old daughter's creation. She drew it with felt tip pens, cut out, stuck together with a sticky tape and put on the wall, all by herself. Kids in the UK start school at 5 years but they can start earlier in so called reception classes. This is where they were talking about Christianity and the picture is the direct consequence. The one on the left is God and the one on the right is Jesus.

Name:  entry.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  41.2 KB

For reference including the EXIF, the tarred original is also attached.
Attached Files
File Type: tar entry.tar (209.5 KB, 109 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Now we're talking. I will extend the time for entering the competition til the 2nd of October so you will have three more days. kapu2, I think we must choose an "easier" theme of sorts. Winners can choose any theme they want but that's the problem - they sometimes choose a too hard theme.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:

Tags
black horse, camera, phone, school, september, summer