Hi All,

New to the forum, but not to Nokia.

Just want to bring a situation to light that I am having with Nokia.

I am currently in Canada, Toronto, and have a broken N9 screen. It my contacting Nokia for a repair (under my expense, I realize) I have been going through quite the hassle in getting a fix. Nokia, it seems, does not repair devices that are not from the country they are currently in.

I have been going back and forth with Nokia service (an email @ovi.com and a specific rep at the other end) about trying to find sources to get my device repaired.

I was given 3 of them, but was very surprised to find out that the 3 that they recommended, when contacted, do not repair Nokia devices.

I'm really both quite surprised and upset by this. On spending almost 1000 canadian dollars on this phone, Nokia is essentially leaving me out with no proper fix.

I will keep this posted, as I have a thread on the official Nokia discussion forums that Nokia keeps removing, as I suspect they do not want information like this public.

>> LINK <<

I have been a long time support of Nokia, as they make quality handsets, but I'm kind of at a tipping point.

I may have parts for an N9 available soon if Nokia doesn't step up and try to help.

Ha!!

It seems that Nokia has banned my account for 3 days..

--------------------
This account has been blocked for a period of 3 days days because you have continued to violate several parts of our Forum Guidelines after being given polite reminders.
--------------------

All I have done is post the email thread from myself to the rep. I was also never sent any polite reminders of any kind.

Nokia is failing to impress on multiple levels at the moment.
Attached Images

Last edited by la pedrera; 2012-08-30 at 16:22.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
If ya figure it out. Let me know.

I'm also from Toronto. My N9 is fine, but I'm sure one day I'll run into something too. (knock on wood)

I had the same issue with my N900, the USB port broke, and I went all over trying to find a place that would fix it, but no luck.

I then came across a place, paid out 70 bucks, and it STILL wasn't fixed correctly.

And the guy did such a crazy job on it, I can't even clean it in order to re-do it myself.

I think your best bet is to find a screen online, order it, and then very carefully follow a guide on how to fix it yourself.

Best of Luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to SolarisSixth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
The screen repair is really easy, it takes 5 minutes. Pop off USB port cover, unscrew two screws, pop out the old screen, unclip it, clip in the replacement, pop it in, do two screws, USB cover back on, done. There is a YouTube video with an English guy who goes through the steps super slowly and carefully. I did it a couple of weeks ago after I smashed the screen of my N9 by dropping it hard on the street. Only caveat is you do have to have the right torx screwdriver otherwise you may round the screws and then you're... screwed.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
is there no gold standard nokia care service store in canada... these are their official care centers, my local one was very knowledgeable even knew about the N9 and offered complimentary shipping to the Philippians if there was a hardware failure... with my phone.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
Since Nokia abandon N9 and Harmattan, i think there's no other way for us to get a delicate service from Nokia Care.
I broke my USB door twice, when i say it's for N9, they say they don't have any parts of N9, if i want, i have to wait a month or two; then, enough said; OK, i want buy a Lumia 800 USB door, and voila....it's available in all colours!.
There are many online sellers who sell N9 parts, then find a tutorial videos and buy some tools, some other way it makes you more caring and loving your N9 afterward