Active Topics

the touch screen became unresponsive as you can see in this video.(sorry couldn't embed the video)

http://youtu.be/3QpNl42RO6c

apparently the phone some how detects that something is touching the screen but no action is executed at all it just does as u see in the video.

i had this problem about 4 months ago , the phone got sweat , and went into this state i put it in rice and waited for a very long time about 2 weeks for it to recover and it worked very well since then.
until the same problem came back without any water coming near the phone. i waited for a long time and no response till now.

my question is do i have to replace the screen ( i can order one and replace it myself) ? or go to nokia care and let them fix the thing and pay much higher ?

Thank you for ur time,

Ahmed

please i need advice in this problem . because i bought the phone from another country and it will take a long time to get it to there and get it repaired(in my country this phone is not available so they cannot repair it).

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Have you only got one view/desktop on your N900? can you scroll to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th views/desktops? (that wasn't clear in the video)? Try adding a shortcut...

Why not film a boot up, or a power button press or volume button press (does anything happen when you press those buttons)?

Or open the keyboard and press CTRL + DELETE/Backspace - What do you see happening on the screen?

or again open the keyboard and press a letter on the keyboard - what happens on the screen?
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
1. Try calibrating your screen.
2. Check the version of your Maemo if it is latest, latest is PR 1.3 from Nokia and on top of that there is a CSSU only if you want it.

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Have you only got one view/desktop on your N900? can you scroll to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th views/desktops? (that wasn't clear in the video)? Try adding a shortcut...

Why not film a boot up, or a power button press or volume button press (does anything happen when you press those buttons)?

Or open the keyboard and press CTRL + DELETE/Backspace - What do you see happening on the screen?

or again open the keyboard and press a letter on the keyboard - what happens on the screen?
i have 4 desktops and what i am trying to do in the video is switching between 1 and 2 but screen just stops inbetween . and when trying to click any shortcut or main menu or status menu nothing is executed , i cant reach anything in the phone just the main screen , the software is fine though and when i click any letter in the keyboard contacts search shows up.

the power and volume buttons are fine and doing their job , its just the touch screen

i can't reach screen calibration

Hi mate have you got any type of screen protector on the screen? If you do you need to remove the screen protector clean the screen and reapply the screen protector that should solve the issue! Hope this helps!

Hello i have almost the same problem that Mosh11 is having, i remenber i installed the cssu app. and after that the phone started to work very strange (the same problem with the screen u have mosh11) i did a reflash and problem still exist i uninstall the cssu app and nothing. sometimes it drive me crazy that i have to punch the screen with my fist to make the screen to work. i really dont know what to do, i am thinking its time to change to another cell, and right now i m trying to sell it. i love the phone and i think is the best i ever have but this problem is annoying, i'll keep googleing if i can find an answer for this problem, because so far nothing can fix the issue.

Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
Hi mate have you got any type of screen protector on the screen? If you do you need to remove the screen protector clean the screen and reapply the screen protector that should solve the issue! Hope this helps!
i dont have any screen protector .

Originally Posted by peacekeper View Post
Hello i have almost the same problem that Mosh11 is having, i remenber i installed the cssu app. and after that the phone started to work very strange (the same problem with the screen u have mosh11) i did a reflash and problem still exist i uninstall the cssu app and nothing. sometimes it drive me crazy that i have to punch the screen with my fist to make the screen to work. i really dont know what to do, i am thinking its time to change to another cell, and right now i m trying to sell it. i love the phone and i think is the best i ever have but this problem is annoying, i'll keep googleing if i can find an answer for this problem, because so far nothing can fix the issue.
this is not a software issue , i just read that it is most probably the screen digitizer (the layer above the screen) just searched ebay and its cheap (12$) and there is a guide on how to disassemble the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to mosh11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
I think the phone can't detect when you release the touchscreen, you should buy a new digitizer.