Originally Posted by chilango View Post
I bought in March 2014 over Ebay a new one 64 GB N9. It was for arab country but it works fine. It was some over 375 USD i think.

The seller was from Chicago i think

I am just getting mine tomorrow 64gb version in black for about 80eur will post if is fine

Originally Posted by Alan Breen View Post
Opera is a very good browser. It's my browser of choice, I'd highly recommend it. There is only one drawback it will not play imbedded videos. Firefox is your best bet for imbedded video, but I like Opera much better otherwise.

opera mini or opera mini labs whats the defrenece

The Following User Says Thank You to tomislav For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by astalavista84 View Post
Guys my phone arrived 3 days back - a white 64GB N9.

Setting it up - Loading contacts

I bet if we write the following words on a piece of paper - Microsoft, Outlook, Outlook.com, Outlook 2010-13, Windows Live, Windows Live People, Windows Live Contacts,Hotmail Server, Microsoft Exchange, Nokia Account, Nokia Sync, Skype Contacts and then tell him to explain the relationship between them, he won't be able to do it.

Once contacts were in place and home wi-fi password typed-in, it was time to do what we best do - fiddle and fiddle until either one - the phone or you give up

Killer Features
The lock screen watch, the home screen, the black interface with cayan toggles, status bar, sexy fonts and that clock adjuster - this interface is the Mona Lisa of interfaces.

I will share more thoughts in coming days. Thank you guys again for encouraging me to buy this.
Interesting, like a time reversal.

Have you ever used SIP telephony on lumia? Apple and google phones need additional app like zoiper to do it, N9 has an - to good - integrated SIP support.
Why use SIP?
Without additional SIP account you can use your landline phone number and rate at home via WLAN, PERHAPS around the world too, it depends... from your telephony provider.
After 2018 there is in Germany only VOIP telephony, SIP will be more and more important.

The Following User Says Thank You to DeadHorseRiding For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Yesterday I actually took my Black/64G N9 from its comfortable resting place on the shelf and took it into use for some time.
My son needed a spare phone and I lent it to him for a day.

So, the device had a simcard in it for the first time in almost 15 months, since I switched to Jolla. For starters, how many devices allow you to take off & insert simcard while powered on? No idea, but N9 sure is in that crowd, I did not have to trash my uptime of almost 200 days...

Now how does it feel?
Just lovely, it is very comfortable to hold, jus the right size, beautiful screen and responsive to touch. The haptic feedback is nice, no other device kicks you back like N9 when typing a message
Took some time adjusting to the fact that screen swipes sideways as on Jolla it is vertical... The transition animations when swiping an application close are absolutely beautiful.

I was amazed to find out that Nokia Store us still alive and you can actually install applications from there, somehow I expected to see "cannot connect" orsomething like that!

Conclusion; If I had no Jolla I would still be happy with my trusty N9, for sure!

Comments from my son; It's way too small and does not run Clash of Clans...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
I was amazed to find out that Nokia Store us still alive and you can actually install applications from there, somehow I expected to see "cannot connect" orsomething like that!
In Germany the Nokia Store is already down :-( - I hope I'll never have to reflash the device again as I won't be able to get my apps back ...

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@elastic
Here in "my English speaking Germany" I can still browse/download Nokia store.

@juiceme
See? N9 is worth to use!
And I also have to say even the screenbis bigger the Jolla gets beaten by it.also (bigger screen, clash of clans? give him an elephantasteous sized Note or similar )

Ah, and more: I do really like that sideways swiping of "desktops" in N9. Cannot get used to that only up/down of Jolla

And once again one more
@elastic
Are you already in open mode? Then just load ubiboot kernel and boot into maintenance mode with USB connected. All partitions will pop up on PC and you can do a full backup. Restore is easily done same way (if you screw it up).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-02-14 at 13:09.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
@elastic
Here in "my Germany" I can still browse/download Nokia store.
really - I can't access it neither from N9 nor from any browser (tried safari, chrome, firefox and opera) :-(

thats weird

[solution] change device language to english - but I think it's just a matter of weeks till closing down

Last edited by elastic; 2015-02-14 at 16:48.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Same here. Tried over a VPN and a german IP. It shows only a blank page

The Following User Says Thank You to chilango For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
[solution] change device language to english
That's positively weird

Tags
beautiful, nokia n9