Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Gizmo Video works to the PC. Not beautifully, but it works. Just checked their web page, looks like the video has gone from beta to final.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bfleury View Post
The teeny tiny numbers marking the following pages (1, 2,3, etc) in each thread are ok on a big pc, but devilishly hard to hit with a stylus. Bumping up the font size on the numbers a notch or two, maybe adding a little more space aroiund each digit, would really help.
Hi,

I second that!

Using the "mobile" themes is not really an option, as they don't show links for quoting posts and they don't show links for attachments to posts...

Using the classic theme (or the other two n8xx ones) is really slow on my n810.

Not being able to use ITT properly on the tablet is kind of sad.

Cheers

Franko30

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by stevecrye View Post
PS last night got google talk with video working between the N810 and my home computer.
Off topic...

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Franko, welcome to the world of inexcusable problems with the NIT in general.

You'd think a device LABELED and sold as a quote un-quote INTERNET tablet you could expect a rock solid browsing experience WRONG !

The NIT is a great little device that does many things for many people but not having a reliable browser is just sad. I can crash mine on command in less then 15 secs, reliably strangely enough.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by TTgowings View Post
You'd think a device LABELED and sold as a quote un-quote INTERNET tablet you could expect a rock solid browsing experience WRONG !
Ah, now there's a fine example of an incredibly subjective opinion.

The NIT is a great little device that does many things for many people but not having a reliable browser is just sad. I can crash mine on command in less then 15 secs, reliably strangely enough.
Reliably reproducible you say? Had you ever considered filing a bug? Or do you just want to ***** and moan about it here where it has zero chance of ever getting fixed?

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-06-11 at 09:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Yup, just want to **** and moan thank you.

I have filed and voted on bugs TYVM, on several diff problems and nothing ever seems to get done or Nokia has deemed them not a big enough of a problem to do anything about it.

And how or why is it the browser seems to get worse with every update ??

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
I have filed and voted on bugs TYVM, on several diff problems and nothing ever seems to get done or Nokia has deemed them not a big enough of a problem to do anything about it.
Plenty gets done, you're just not paying enough attention, or maybe you expect them to get fixed immediately. I don't know.

Mind linking me to your 15-second-crash bug?

And how or why is it the browser seems to get worse with every update ??
Another incredibly subjective opinion that doesn't seem to hold water based on my experience with MicroB.

Like the bug with the keyboard repeat rate, it just semmingly randomly repeats out of nowwhere, how is this not a major problem that should have been fixed months ago ?

Yup, np at all, for instance load ITT, then change it to or from fit width to view and reload the page. It will either crash the browser immeadietly, will sit on connecting or will randomly reboot.

I don't want to sound like a chump or have hard feelings on the tablet especially with you as you are very helpful person on these forums (as this is about the only reason I've not gotten rid of it yet) I just dislike when ppl don't or won't admit there are some serious issues with the NIT.

And as a matter of record, I've recommended the NIT to several ppl, (a budy of mine just got one a couple of weeks ago vs buying a laptop, he said he loves it and is extremely happy with his purchase) and when I've had it out in I've shown them what it's capable of they are very impressed especially for the money compared to other devices, though most ppl are oblivious that this device even exists. it's a great investment if you have lots of time and patience, also some knowledge of Linux really helps.

It's still really annoying how some ppl seem to want to sugar coat or not to recognize at all some of the big faults that it does have.

Originally Posted by Franko30 View Post
Hi,

Not being able to use ITT properly on the tablet is kind of sad.
I have no problem reading this forum on my N800. I have installed the CSS which Brontide posted here a while ago together with my own fixes. I don't even need a stylus, I do everything with the thumb.

While there is a solution to every small problems users find, I would prefer that Nokia adds a menu entry for "Optimised" browsing on a small device, basically adding the CSS hack, setting minimum font sizes, configuring the D-Pad etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rider For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I would prefer that Nokia adds a menu entry for "Optimised" browsing on a small device, basically adding the CSS hack, setting minimum font sizes, configuring the D-Pad etc.
That'll never work it just makes too much sense.