Active Topics

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Only my comment.
Had the 16Gb simlocked variant from my provider since more than 2 years.
$ weeks ago y bought a new one 64GB variant without simlock.
I am happy, playing a little with Sailfish and uisng harmattan FW as my mainphone.
I didnt looking for more apps. All what i need i have on this phone.
And you can still download wordwide maps for offline navigation.
The lumia only have regional navigation. For more yo have to pay, like with Nokia 5 years ago.

So the N9 is still the best phone. VoIP, VPN etc.
I think the next will be a Jolla Phone

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
I still have two Nokia N9's 64GB in my family. It is still ok phone. I really liked how the social networks were integrated. Also the size of n9 is perfect. However, my daily phone is Jolla. Screen, os fluidness and battery life are just way better than it was on the N9.

For 100 EUR (130 USD) an used Nokia N9 64gb would be a very good phone. If you have more money - just buy Jolla.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Just ordered one on ebay about an hour ago, finally in my price range after all these years, haha.

Got one for $150 with express postage, so hopefully I get it before the weekend.

Basically, I went from N97 to N900 in 2010 (I think), then got an Xperia Play around Septemberish last year because I was sick of my N900 battery not lasting as long as I wanted, buying a new battery every 6 months etc. It was still way better than this Xperia Play, other than the cpu/gpu (I can actually use the Xperia for 720p playback, lol).

But yeah, tonight looked up the Jolla prices, still way out of my price range, so ebay'd N9 and it was finally in the $150's so ordered it.

Can't waaaait. So sick of androids OS (also the lower right corner of my Play doesn't work properly, so anytime I write "m" it puts an n, or a backspace). And if the Sailfish port ever gets fixed up enough to use as the main OS (From what I've seen, it's been pretty dead for the last few months, not holding my breath haha) it'll give me more fun.

EDIT::
One thing I will miss though, is the GPS on the the Xperia Play. It's the most accurate GPS I've ever used, was pretty amazing.

Last edited by azkay; 2014-04-08 at 19:00.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by azkay View Post
Just ordered one on ebay about an hour ago, finally in my price range after all these years, haha.
hahah that is exactly what I was thinking

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
Maybe the most important.. The N9 really looks sexy! Some friends of my and I say it is the most sexy looking phone there is, the chickmagnetability is high!

The Following User Says Thank You to vincr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vincr View Post
Maybe the most important.. The N9 really looks sexy! Some friends of my and I say it is the most sexy looking phone there is, the chickmagnetability is high!

It is a really great looking phone I agree! Even in 2014 I'm fully satisfied with my n9 as my daily phone. Even the size is ideal as phones are just getting too big nowadays... The only down side is there aren't a lot of apps. So if you're a gamer look to elsewhere, all the basics are covered.
I recommend using the N9Tweak app and adding the traffic option for maps/drive, then maps is pretty much on par with Symbian and Windows maps.

The Following User Says Thank You to martin042068 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
Maybe it's mistake by typing.
I think you recoment N9QTweak from schturman.

It's far better than N9Tweak

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by natko_maniac View Post
@mikecomputing I wasn't gonna buy a new one, Iwould go for a used one, around 200$... is it worth it?

@pmeuh so other os's are like nitdroid on n900- not really usable, just for showing up and some apps?

and if not a n9, what is a good alternative for a former n900 user?

thanks
one of my 64Gb was sold for 70EUR this week (sweden only)

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Streets of Avalon | Zwolle, the Netherlands
I paid €210 for a cyan 64gb in august 13, theyre quite rare in NL it seems..

Originally Posted by vincr View Post
I paid €210 for a cyan 64gb in august 13, theyre quite rare in NL it seems..
Cyan 64GB? That's probably a black 64 with a cyan housing.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:

Tags
nemo mobile, nokia n9