Uploaded to extras devel repo

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atamariya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
how do i add a location?

Damn, I was working on basically just this app...

i tried adding my house location and it turned up somewhere in Russia haha while I am in Philippines.

Originally Posted by kent_autistic View Post
i tried adding my house location and it turned up somewhere in Russia haha while I am in Philippines.
Blame it on Google - the app uses it to find the location co-ordinates. Provide sufficient info so that unique location result is returned.

BTW what was the location string you were searching for? I can use that to see if there's a defect in the way lookup is done by the app.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by atamariya View Post
That's weird. Couple of things you should check:
- you are running PR1.3 (I updated the original post)
- Install the new version.
- Run it from xterm and capture the logs.
Code:
/opt/Proxumusui/bin/Proximusui
Are there typos in that code?
How about
Code:
/opt/ProximusUI/bin/ProximusUI
I am using CSSU-testing, & Cue invoked from the icon brouught up a blank loading screen with Cue and a whirly in the title bar, then crashed back to the desktop.

When I tried to start it in XTerminal with
Code:
Xterminal froze and had to be shut down.

The Following User Says Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
instead of using google to do search, is it possible to just let the user add his current location based on the cell tower id?

example: i want this app to set off an alarm when im 100 meters away from the office. i sleep at the car on the way to work so when im near the alarm will just go off. in this case il add my office place (my current location).

yeah?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
There is an app RIP in the repos. You could have a look at the code. It uses cell towers to set the alarm

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I am using CSSU-testing, & Cue invoked from the icon brouught up a blank loading screen with Cue and a whirly in the title bar, then crashed back to the desktop.

When I tried to start it in XTerminal with
Code:
Xterminal froze and had to be shut down.
Update:

After it disappears back to the desktop (or task manager or whatever was previously behind it), the application appears after about 20 minutes. During this intervening time, the phone gets noticeably warm.

After it appeared, I entered a task, & when I selected Save, cue once again froze without changing the screen. I forcibly ended Cue via the task manager, then started Cue again. Once again on startup, it started to load, then disappeared back to the desktop, but after about 20 minutes of heating the phone, Cue's interface appeared showing the added task.

It would be interesting to know what it is hanging on, why its interface disappears, & what it is doing for the intervening 20 minutes or so that heats the phone.

I am assuming that the main Cue interface must be running in order to make a location alert? That is, it does not stay resident when the interface is closed, & invisibly waits to make an alert when a location is reached?

after having some problems with the first two versions from this thread i installed the current one from the repos and now it runs fine for me

I tested it at several different locations today and it worked everytime. I really like this kind of location-based reminder. Well done thank you!

... i think i found two little bugs:
if the entered location is not found i have to reopen the "Edit Task" popup for entering a new location. otherwise it will always say "Location not found Try again" no matter what you enter.
And the date related properties are either not saved or not loaded (not sure) so if i open a saved task the default values are shown.

Some cool features you could add in future versions:

- a background deamon that kicks off the alarm without applicationwindow running

- an option to choose different alarm-modes like notification-banner, vibration only, notification-led, own script...

- a grafical location picker wich shows radius on a map

i dont want this to sound demanding ..but i couldn't resist posting those ideas