Few questions:

How will I prevent skype from importing the contacts to the contacts on N9, it seems that the whole software has to be disabled in order to prevent this to happen? Anybody found a setting for not migrating the contacts?

Is it possible to import contacts to N9 via CSV file?

Last edited by SRV; 2011-10-14 at 17:44.

Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
Anyone know if it can support openvpn?
There seems to be openvpn packages in the community repo. I haven't tested them, so no idea if they work tho.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Originally Posted by Guffaw View Post
Random girl asking if you can change from qwerty to another vkb layout for sms/messaging.
Wonder about this myself. I still vastly prefer writing text messages using a numeric keypad and T9. If it was possible to switch to such a vkb layout I would be mighty pleased

Battery: One day at work with one short conversation. Playing music (aac and mp3) over bluetooth (a2dp) all of the time (screen off, default music player). Connected to 3G and downloading a 420Mb file (wget in terminal) left me at around 50%

For some stupid reason the web browser didn't want do download a zip file, so I had to use wget. Does anyone know how to paste text into xterm?

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by shishtox View Post
@Slai

here is one http://gearburn.com/2011/10/a-not-so...-the-nokia-n9/
http://all420works.com/?p=1425

most of them say that it's main problem that it's running a doomed OS
The first link has already been discussed at some length on TMO. Whatever flaws the N9 has, it's pretty clear that this reviewer has no clue what he's talking about (see the comments below the article if you don't see any problem with the review).

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Hello everyone.
I really hope someone can help me. I just bought my Nokia N9 yesterday, but today the phone is completely dead, i just woke up, and the phone wouldn't turn on. The phone is charged, and the battery should be full, but still i get no reactions what so ever when i try to turn on the phone. No vibrations, no sound, nothing. I've tried almost everything. Hope someone can help me.

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by sausage1 View Post
Hello everyone.
I really hope someone can help me. I just bought my Nokia N9 yesterday, but today the phone is completely dead, i just woke up, and the phone wouldn't turn on. The phone is charged, and the battery should be full, but still i get no reactions what so ever when i try to turn on the phone. No vibrations, no sound, nothing. I've tried almost everything. Hope someone can help me.
LOL. Another NOKIA dud. Go line up for an iphone 4S. It works

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by sausage1 View Post
Hello everyone.
Talk to customer care, if it doesn't turn on, it's a manufacturer defect. They should replace it for you.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jahaugum View Post
You can select other calendars to be synced together with the primary thru this web-page: https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect. But it seems limited to your own calendars.
Big thanks for this. Got it working.

Noticed that when adding a new calendar entry you cannot choose the calendar where it goes. It always goes to the default calendar. This is kind of annoying.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
Anyone know if it can support openvpn?
Stock Android can't due to missing kernel module.

aka. does it contain the tun module (tun.ko)
Here's the thread I was trying to recall, maybe it'll be rectified for PR1.1 (which is coming very soon).
According to that thread it's def. ready to go in the kernel
http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4226&page=2
I doubt it'll be something whereby have we to switch to open-mode 1st, simply to use.