Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Originally Posted by zok View Post
I guess what you guys are looking for is this:

This is from a post from Saturn.

I have noticed however that Gizmo stopped working after the step 3 above. To get Gizmo working again, you need to do the following:

4. mv libgstdspilbc.so.off libgstdspilpbc.so

Obviously voipbuster won't work anymore after renaming the library to the original name.
Can someone write a script/shortcut to enable/disable/toggle between codecs as above?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
I've added this to the wiki:

Code:
 #!/bin/sh
 # Toggle on/off the iLBC filter.

path=/usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10;
 if [ `id -u` != 0 ] ; then
    exec sudo gainroot <<EOF
 exec sh $0 $*
 EOF
 exit $?
 fi  

if ls $path | grep -s libgstdspilbc.so.off; then
      mv $path/libgstdspilbc.so.off $path/libgstdspilbc.so; echo iLPBC ENABLED
   else 
      mv $path/libgstdspilbc.so $path/libgstdspilbc.so.off; echo iLPBC DISABLED
 fi
Someone more experienced could clean it a little but it works anyway.

I would place it in a file under
/home/user/filename.sh

and make it executable by
chmod 770 filename.sh

execute in xterm with
./filename.sh

Last edited by Saturn; 2008-03-06 at 01:57. Reason: additions

Originally Posted by gardnj View Post
Ok sorry Saturn. Found your instructions for Nokia N 800. They work for the N810 as well

I wonder why Nokia makes it so difficult
Thanks
Could you please give some details about how you've gotten freecall and Gizmo to play nice together? I'm having trouble making outbound calls on my N810 (Chinook) with Gizmo (4.0 v97) and freecall.com.

Here's what I've done:
  1. Gotten a Gizmo account
  2. Gotten a freecall.com account
  3. Added the freecall.com as a "secondary account" within gizmo, using "sip.voiparound.com" as the server
  4. Confirmed that logging into gizmo authenticates against both gizmo and freecall.com

Unfortunately, all attempts to place outgoing calls result in the same thing... the gizmo side "rings" once, but the receiving phone never gets the call, then gizmo disconnects.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
add freecalls to the nokia comm app.
I remember not being able to get it to work with gizmo also.
but it does work with the default app.
Communication>Internet Call
in the drop down menu click on
Tools>Accounts
click on >New<
then >Next<
for service choose >SIP<
and fill out the info.
////////////////////////////////
SIP port : 5060
Registrar : sip.voiparound.com
Proxy server : sip.voiparound.com
Outbound proxy server : leave empty
Account name : your FreeCall username
Password : your FreeCall password
Display name/number : your FreeCall username or voipnumber
Stunserver (option) : stun.voiparound.com
///////////////////////////////

to make calls after setting it up.
communications>internet calls
click on the dialpad
choose the freecall account you just set up.
and dial the #.
it should work.

Originally Posted by z2n View Post
Could you please give some details about how you've gotten freecall and Gizmo to play nice together? I'm having trouble making outbound calls on my N810 (Chinook) with Gizmo (4.0 v97) and freecall.com.

Here's what I've done:
  1. Gotten a Gizmo account
  2. Gotten a freecall.com account
  3. Added the freecall.com as a "secondary account" within gizmo, using "sip.voiparound.com" as the server
  4. Confirmed that logging into gizmo authenticates against both gizmo and freecall.com

Unfortunately, all attempts to place outgoing calls result in the same thing... the gizmo side "rings" once, but the receiving phone never gets the call, then gizmo disconnects.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...pBuster%2C_etc
Nothing on this page Saturn - is it a hint or a promise?

All this goes back to my previous comment. Nokia have made it too complicated for the average user with children, a job, a mortgage to pay, an interest in the arts etc.

I wouldn't touch gizmo for "out" calls with a barge pole - unreasonably expensive. I can't really fathom why people still use it (or skype for that matter). As for peer to peer calls, far more people have Skype (10 million people on line at the time of writing)

I have compromised on the following for the time being in the hope that Nokia improve their act:

Freecall etc for completely free "out" calls, enabled using Saturn's original instructions (sudo gainroot etc), Skype for chat and peer to peer (I haven't managed to get either to work for Freecall and I only have one freecall "buddy" and one voipbuster buddy anyway, so it is not worth the effort). The overpriced gizmo I have consigned to the bin.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by gardnj View Post
http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...pBuster%2C_etc
Nothing on this page Saturn - is it a hint or a promise?
(I think) there was a dot missing in the link (Maybe it is my mistake by finishing the title with a dot). Anyway, it is there.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...Buster%2C_etc.

Feel free to edit too.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bay area, CA // Kampala, Uganda
What I'd like to do is use Gizmo (with Grandcentral) for free inbound calling, and Voipwise (another freecall/voipbuster) for free outbound calling. I have both set up in the built in internet call app, and I can receive calls from my grandcentral number, but am unable to make calls out with voipwise. I suppose this is because of the iLBC filter, which is annoying. It sort of ruins my plan, I fear.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bay area, CA // Kampala, Uganda
I've changed the iLBC filter and double and triple checked my settings, but so far am unable to call out.

As far as I can tell everything is set up correctly; the voipwise client on my computer even signs out when I change my presence to on. Also, I've verified with the client on my computer that I can call the number I'm experimenting with (my cell) freely with Voipwise.

Settings:
my.username @ sip.voipwise.com
Transport: UDP
Outgoing proxy: sip.voipwise.com
Discover pub. address: checked
Keep-alive: auto
Keep-alive frequency: 0
Authentication tab blank
Autodetect STUN: unchecked
STUN server: stun.voipwise.com
STUN port: 3478.

Any thoughts? If there's something obiously and stupidly wrong, I'm not seeing it.

Is it just my device or something I am missing...? With the headphone plug in, voice still coming out from speaker but headphone.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Dubai, UAE
Update request:

Can anyone here confirm that by disabling the iLBC codec, that you are able to make calls via voipbuster/voipdiscount AND Gizmo SIP accounts?

Based on my understanding, you can either have VoipBuster/Voipdiscount working OR Gizmo/Skype working, but not both without needing to run a script to toggle the iLBC codec on/off.

Can someone confirm this?

UPDATE:

with iLBC disabled, I can still make Skype calls and Voipbuster calls. Gizmo is a no go with iLBC switched off.

Last edited by ghoonk; 2008-03-28 at 11:04.