Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
@DJJonosound nope, no problems with the wi-fi antenna in mine. just the bum headphone jack. you could take out the antenna from the old housing and swap it in. a lot more work cause you have to heat up that plastic chassis and pry it up, but no wi-fi would be a deal breaker for me! and thanks for the welcome! i was thrilled to see there was an active community for my "dead-os" phone.

@derliebewolf the call display issue is strange...you can't wake the screen at all during a call? not by pressing the lock key or tapping the screen? doesn't the screen wake if you bring it away from your ear? i'm stumped. if you decide to swap out the wi-fi antenna you may as well switch out that whole plastic chassis since the power/lock/volume keys are attached to it. i really have no idea on that one, i'm sorry!

as for the headphone jack, i've tried different earphones and twisted and adjusted the jack all sorts of way but it just won't play out the right bud. oh well, it doesn't surprise me that it doesn't work; it looks like these housings ship with some bad parts, like yours and @DJJonosound faulty wi-fi antennas. it makes me wonder if that ribbon cable on the black replacement housing i bought was torn when i bought it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2012 @ London
I have previously switched out all the innards from my n9 and transferred to one of those cheap white housings from ebay. I had to use a hairdryer and really to loosen the glue and really slowly and carefully take out all the pieces to transplant into the new shell.

It all worked well apart from the white doors which didn't look quite right. I've switched back to black since then as I think it looks more classy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dip86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Switching the antennas would probably fix the wifi issue.
Not sure about the power keys though. I might just give it a try...

Be careful guys when you changing the housing. I have changed mine on my black N9 with a blue one, I have wachted the LESSON5 topic on Youtube to help me BUT when I finished to replace it and try it, the CAMERA didn't work, i have an error message, even the flash won't work, it freeze the phone. So I have flashed it many time, even TOTALLY flashed to really zero, it doesn't work..Btw the jack headphone dosn't work fine too, only one way works (the left or the right, i don't remember) and when I would't to change it by the one on my black housing, I have broken the back of the blue housing.

So if I can give you a tip : don't change the housing if it's not important, you can broke your pretty easily.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
My old case was really cracked up the top so the new housing was great. Try removing the camera module, dusting it off and putting it back in. Maybe you bumped it a bit when doing the replacement.

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
Originally Posted by dip86 View Post
I have previously switched out all the innards from my n9 and transferred to one of those cheap white housings from ebay. I had to use a hairdryer and really to loosen the glue and really slowly and carefully take out all the pieces to transplant into the new shell.

It all worked well apart from the white doors which didn't look quite right. I've switched back to black since then as I think it looks more classy.
i just attempted to remove that chassis glued to the bottom but i just couldn't get it to pop out. the bottom half levered out easily but the top was stuck tight. i sat with the hair dryer on it for a good few minutes but it just wouldn't budge. i was worried about damaging the case so i gave up. honestly just think i'll buy another one off ebay and hope it doesn't come with any defective parts. that or switch back the original (but dented) housing. the white housing is certainly unique but i miss the old black housing and matte finish.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
I don't know if anyone can reproduce taht. But WiFi reception improved dramaticly with that white housing about a week ago! I haven't changed anything though, pretty strange...

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
I have the same problem with the Sim/USB door being substantially worse quality than the rest of the housing..

But my audio jack no longer works, at all..

Any idea what could be causing that?
Did I forget to reconnect something?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Is it easy to replace the digitizer ? I mean to take it out of the LCD and put the new one in. My screen is cracked

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ France
I am considering replacing the housing of my N9 (64 Go black). A small piece of plastic is broken between the jack plug and the cover for USB plug, and dust can go inside.

I'd like to change for a white housing, but I don't know how well it ages. Doesn't it become yellowish with time ? New white housing are shinny. Does it remain shinny after 1 year ?

I am a little disappointed with how the black housing aged. It is one of the first series of 64 Go N9 and I used the official soft cover most of the time, but the polycarbonate lost its original apperance now. It feels like it was polished, some areas are a litte less dark, and it feels less strong than when I bought it 2 years and a few months ago.

So, any feedback on the white housing after more than a year usage?