Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
AMD, You have multiple options to choose from. First you will definitely need Windows 8 disc.. (It's up to you if you get a copy or an original, but I am in no way promoting piracy).. Then you need to go to the BIOS and change the boot options to make the laptop boot the DVD first, then follow instructions.. If everything got installed you could try and see if you can repair it, or if it's not detecting any Windows installations, then you will need to do a clean install..

Btw, it is known that by upgrading your windows 8 release preview to RTM will cause problems.. In fact that's been valid for quite some time even with older versions of Windows. It's always best to do a clean installation when going to RTM version

Hope this helps..

If everything fails you can always boot to your laptop's recovery and follow instructions to go back to factory defaults thwn start all over again..
My laptop does not seem to read discs properly. That's why I did not take my friend's disc and copied the contents, I will see if I can buy one tomorrow though. Give it a try..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
create a bootable disk (usb) . Use microsoft usb tool .

I don't have more than 2 GB USB disks, and I don't have time to get a new one. I got the disc too but my laptop won't even read it! I am so ****ed.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

I bought a new drive. Now I can boot from my friend's disc. Problem solved.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I bought a new drive. Now I can boot from my friend's disc. Problem solved.
Exellent!!!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Nope his friends are only there for pirating stuff not for other things...
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
All of my friends are noobs, more than "Hey guyz can you help me my wazappp is not connecting *in colors* k thxs bye I love you all guyzz"
LOL. I had a good laugh

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Upgrading Release Preview to Pro?! Who the hell does that? Pro is completely different and needs a fresh install. And that **** Windows bootloader always wants to pop up first for some reason.. Seems like Ubuntu 12 hates Windows 8

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Upgrading Release Preview to Pro?! Who the hell does that? Pro is completely different and needs a fresh install. And that **** Windows bootloader always wants to pop up first for some reason.. Seems like Ubuntu 12 hates Windows 8
No the problem was totally different, okay I had Windows Loader with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, but when it was completing installation the laptop froze and restarted for some reason and the following happened. But no, I mean when installing, it shows you 'Upgrade' or 'Custom Installation'. The upgrade option is only available when you have a supported version of Windows.

Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
LOL. I had a good laugh
Enjoy this laugh, hopefully you might see more of it

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Upgrading Release Preview to Pro?! Who the hell does that?
Who else other than the great man named with three letters