Notices

Loved Starcraft and would like to try out Warcraft, but is it really necessary to have "freepats" in dependencies? I know that midi is the default setting, but 28 MB is quite a lot for that!

what is the problem? freepats is optified...

Still think it's strange to have 28 MB for midi, but it's OK when it's optified ...didn't know it was

freepats midi soundfonts has only 28MB in maemo. it is not really not big. look at other soundfonts for other midi synthesisers - they are bigger...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Hi , i transfered orginal CD data files via ssh in MyDocs , the extracting proces is goin on now for 1 hour and i my nokia is freezing due to automatic lockscreen . Any ideas to solve this ?

I have problems with that too. And to force processing of game files during installation is ... not a very nice thing to do ...
When I find some spare time I will try to install it on my PC and copy game files to my N900. Hope that works ...

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
The process takes a long time, I suggest installing wargus through the terminal (apt-get install wargus) so you can see the progress.

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
Biiiig dislike

PC (Windows) version also asks for game filed during installation and I had to re-install Wargus after I copied the filed from my phone to my PC. Why can't Wargus ask for extraction after execution when game files are not installed yet? The whole procedure was highly unsatisfactory!
Even worse, neither my Warcraft nor my Starcraft CD did work! The error message is "Failure", which is not really helpful. The extraction window showed a lot of files having been extracted and I assume that it was about to rip audio files when it crashed. But there was nothing in the game file extraction window that would indicate where the problem is. Again very unsatisfactory!

And yes I know, I get something for free and now I complain ... maybe I should have taken a deep breath before posting ...

Edit: Downloaded something from the internet that got extracted without any error. Wargus doesn't do anything when executed I miss meaningful error messages

Last edited by daniel_m; 2012-03-18 at 01:55.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ stockton
bout 3 days ago i ripped starcraft to my phone to see if its working and using fapman the extraction process was flawless the game starts and loads fine using the icon but crashes when the base appears on screen which is a noted bug (havent tried loading threw xterm which is ment to be a workaround fot warcraft), maby its your phone setup im using cssu testing, dsp overclock file by freemangordan at 805 and swap on sd

Originally Posted by pali View Post
I will try to find out problem. After releasing version 2.2.6 more people contribute different patches which fixed some errors.

Maybe I will release new version 2.2.6.1 as bugfix version...
Hello pali , game is still crashing , its unplayable i got kernel v49 and cssu . It was a pain in the *** to install and now the game doesnt work

can you fix this pls ?

Tags
stratagus, warcraft, wargus