Posts: 39 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
I bought a 16gb memory card, but my N900 can't even see it! At first it could see it, then I followed the advice on this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49752&page=2
And now it's disappeared! =( Help please!

think you need the back cover on as there is a magnet there that needs to touch something on the phone.......bit vague sorry

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I doubt it's the magnet. Can you attach the usb cable and format it from your PC?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I doubt it's the magnet. Can you attach the usb cable and format it from your PC?
I tried that, now it won't see it at all, neither the PC, nor the phone...=(

hate to be captain obvious but, did you try a reboot?
how about seeing if a memory card reader can read it. or if the pc can read it using the adapter for micro sd
try popping it into another device like another phone or camera or something just to see if it is a prob with the memory card itself or the n900 reading it

if it is indeed a issue with n900 not reding it then try popping your regular ol 2 GB or 4 GB or what ever else ya got in micro sdhc and see what happens

Originally Posted by bensmith808 View Post
I bought a 16gb memory card, but my N900 can't even see it! At first it could see it, then I followed the advice on this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=49752&page=2
And now it's disappeared! =( Help please!
curious what made you follow the device in that thread? did you have a read only error also?

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
hate to be captain obvious but, did you try a reboot?
how about seeing if a memory card reader can read it. or if the pc can read it using the adapter for micro sd
try popping it into another device like another phone or camera or something just to see if it is a prob with the memory card itself or the n900 reading it

if it is indeed a issue with n900 not reding it then try popping your regular ol 2 GB or 4 GB or what ever else ya got in micro sdhc and see what happens
Tried all that. I've asked for a replacement (Amazon) so I'm going to try again. It seems like I'm not the only who's had issues with a 16gb memory card, didn't you have some too?

Originally Posted by bensmith808 View Post
Tried all that. I've asked for a replacement (Amazon) so I'm going to try again. It seems like I'm not the only who's had issues with a 16gb memory card, didn't you have some too?
not exactly... i had a read only error that kept popping up in my wifes 4 GB micro sd card. something i put on there was currupted and made the card read only so i couldnt delete it. the fix was to do a file system check with windows xp then it all worked fine again.

as far as my 16GB sd card for my n900 that seems to be working fine. i formatted it with the n900 as soon as i brought it and haven't really had probs with it since other then the fact that its slow. i think its only a class 2 though.

sad thing is that, it is possible that you simply have a faulty 16 GB micro sd card and that kinda sucks. good thing is lightening doesn't strike twice so hopefully the new one will work flawlessly for you. good luck

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
not exactly... i had a read only error that kept popping up in my wifes 4 GB micro sd card. something i put on there was currupted and made the card read only so i couldnt delete it. the fix was to do a file system check with windows xp then it all worked fine again.

as far as my 16GB sd card for my n900 that seems to be working fine. i formatted it with the n900 as soon as i brought it and haven't really had probs with it since other then the fact that its slow. i think its only a class 2 though.

sad thing is that, it is possible that you simply have a faulty 16 GB micro sd card and that kinda sucks. good thing is lightening doesn't strike twice so hopefully the new one will work flawlessly for you. good luck

Thank you! Fingers crossed, it won't happen again...*fingers crossed* So when youhad the 16gb card, did you just put it in the n900 to make it work or did you do something else besides the check?

ummm... i think i just stuck it in right out of the box. then i formatted it on the actual n900 and bading bing bada boom no more memory card worries. when i had the issue with my wifes 4GB i did the file system check on the pc and then stuck it back into the phone.

My 16 GB has been in and out of all kinda phones. my poor memory card has no morals. it is a data slut. cameras, phones, adapters, you name it and i have transfer data via of. seems to be working fine. i got mines from ebay. it is san disk.