Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by umo120 View Post
Interestingly there is no mention of Nokia WP7 phone. Should this be replicated by others I can't wait to see how Elop is going to succeed on his shiny new primary market without subsidized phones pushed by carriers.
Not really. AT&T tends to not announce phones that have yet to be announced by the manufacturer yet.

Explanation about Nokias NFC-Phones. On many websites you could read; Nokias NFC-Phones dont have an embedded secure element and dont have SWP. Also on my website. So how will it support secure payments next year? This is confusing!
I decided to ask Nokia. They answered fast and I updated the info on my website today. if you still have questions, just ask.
http://www.nfc-phones.org/ Focus on availability of NFC-Phones, list by country and by carrier. NEW; page Finland added, only a few Phones available yet, but I wanted to please the rapidly growing group of Finnish visitors. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joao For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ Right... So... What did they say about the lack of SWP for the N9?
Will we be able to add it retrospectively through the use of a sticker or SIM, & will they support that?

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-12 at 22:22.

Originally Posted by jn183 View Post
OMFG... $950 for the 64GB on Ebay...

http://compare.ebay.com/like/3005902...Types&var=sbar

I was thinking $500-$650 range. I figure I would get the 16GB and be happy. No way am I paying $800 for 16GB or $1000 for 64GB. Meego is cool and all but sorry.

Worst part, hardware for N9 is already outdated. I'm definitely not going to buy Nokia WP just because of the BS they are pulling with N9. That just show me how A-hole they are. I'm not going to support such A-Hole.
That price is a joke... I'm not sure if this is "thanks to Nokia"...
I reckon this retailer is just exploiting people that don't have it in their country.
Or are desperate to buy it at any cost, because they're sick of waiting.
Or are just too dumb to do any proper homework etc....

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-12 at 22:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Well... looks like I'm waiting out the initial pricing then. No way I'm paying $800 USD for any phone. Ever.
Nor am I. But that hasn't stopped No-where-to-be-seen-kia slapping on some handsomely high sticker prices before, case in point N96 from 2008.

edit: unless it comes with rocket launchers. I need some g**damn rocket launchers.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

Last edited by frostbyte; 2011-09-12 at 20:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Phones are way to cheap in us. $700-800 is a fair price according to me. That is the price for most new smartphones in Europe. So it's fair

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Gah!!!
I swear I'm going to start slaughtering kittens any day now... any day now...
i think you need to be more controversial and threaten to beat old ladies to death with baby seals!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Phones are way to cheap in us. $700-800 is a fair price according to me. That is the price for most new smartphones in Europe. So it's fair
Fair? Dude, for $749, I can get a Mac Book Air - last gen, unopened, delivered and running OS X 10.7. Or I could get a Drobo S and fill it with drives. Or I could build a couple of Linux servers. Or I could get a Xoom, a Grid 10 tablet and still have some money left over. I could get all kinds of stuff for around $800... but a phone?

**** that.

You hit above $550 USD in the US, you're basically not going to sell much.

And in 2008, Nokia asking $800 for a N96, a lot of the current positions are making sense to me now.

That's way too high for North America. Period.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
i think you need to be more controversial and threaten to beat old ladies to death with baby seals!
I've mentioned drop-kicking old ladies already in this thread. So you wanna up the ante?

Ok... I'm drop kicking old ladies for deli meats with soccer cleats on in their temples... it is on like Donkey Kong!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????