Notices

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by geojoking View Post
What I really like about this app is it's speed: it's FAST everywhere! BarrioSquare is so damn SLOW. Slow when you load it up, slow when you search, slow when you check it.
That was one of the reasons to start a new project.
I'm not completely satisfied, some screen are still to slow (like the venue details), but I will improve that.

wow! I just went to repository yesterday and saw FourCircle. Happens to be the day it was released =D
I liked it! Better than BarriSquare, but I couldn't find a place to add value. This would make this app perfect.

EDIT: I've just made a donation. Hope you keep making this app.

Last edited by blopa; 2011-05-02 at 22:27.

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Romania, Cluj-Napoca
Yeah, it's still in the beginning but I'm confident all features will be added progressively. I too made a donation yesterday.

Nice Work! I don't know if it's possible, but for me the greatest feature of FourSquare is the Specials Listing (Like the iPhone App) "See 30 Specials Near You"
Right Now I'm making my first donation and will make a bigger (as promised) one when the app becomes ready.

Nice Work!

Last edited by dimbert; 2011-05-03 at 02:47.

Nice work on this client!

Is it possible to reduce the amount of venues loaded as well as information per venue in order to reduce data wait times? I suspect loading the current mayor display picture is what the largest chunk is, since the rest is simply text to be parsed.

Thanks!

I suspect those images are not very heavy anyways. Probably 2-3 KB per image which is not that much. We also have to take in consideration server loads etc. Most FourSquare apps take 2-3 seconds to display a venue.

Great! Confirming a bug with encoding mentioned before.
Keep up good work!

PS> sent a lil donation

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Is it possible to reduce the amount of venues loaded as well as information per venue in order to reduce data wait times?
The amount of venues displayed when searching is currently static, but I can make that configurable if there are more people who want that.

I will look into loading additional venue (like mayor information and such) info in the background when selecting an venue, this will make the 'feel' of the app faster.

I will also look into the issue with character decoding. I have no venues at my home with non-alfabetic character, so I have never noticed it

Thanks geojoking, blopa and akrus for the donations!

The Following User Says Thank You to tedvdb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Im using this app right now!

The Pros:
- Its fast
- Its easy/simple
- It has a leaderboard
- Portrait mode!

The Cons:
- The looks are a bit dull (still better then Barriosquare imo)
- The "search" button is close to the "back" button (pressed the wrong button couple of times)

Anyways sofar so good and alrdy like it more then Barriosquare!
Keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to gilamonyet For This Useful Post:
Okay, so I did some research of FourSquare apps on both the iPhone and Android devices and I've seen some features that can be, more or less easily, implemented.

1. When you search venues, you could maybe add some information about the distances of nearby venues, and their address. I don't use TIPS that much but they could be added in the Venue Search as well. Maybe you could link information. For example, in the venue search, before you check in to a venue, you should be able to click to see information about it's mayor.
2. After you've checked in to a venue, if other friends have checked in, the message with the points information should also say something about checking in with your friends.
3. The comments feature, which I already requested on previous pages and you said is coming with next updates.
4. The Photo Upload feature - the same as no. 3.
5. The ability to add venues, because the community is in a continuous expansion.
6. Maybe you could "look at" designs of the FSquare apps from other platforms and use their design and appearance. The Friends and Nearby buttons at the above, etc. Look at these other apps and see what can be done.

I'll think of more aspects as things evolve. Again, we can't thank you enough for developing this app and hopefully it'll be as successful in the MeeGo App Competition as it is here amongs us, it's users.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geojoking For This Useful Post: