Active Topics

you should install the first option USB something... NOT the NSS multiflasher. Wait for the driver to install when you plug the phone to your PC - make sure you don't you a USB extension BTW...

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
@matimilko

Sync and connect...

@olympus

You're already given ALL options. It's all up to you. I don't think you need any other proof that it works. It's either you do it or not. Just ask some more AFTER you've done it. If there's any...
Hey, I'm aware of all this, don't know what the fuss is all about, I was just being careful because i'm no expert at this. Thanks to everyone for the tips and help, i'm gonna try it tomorrow and report.

I can not believe this i finally changed the product code and wanted to update via NSU, everything was working fine, update was available but then all of a sudden, window pops up: "nokia software updater has lost its connection with your device, follow these steps to help reconnect your device, yada yada. So i followed the steps to reconnect my phone but it does not help. It just doesn't update. This happens at the beginning of the update when the n9 starts rebooting or something, i tried this on three different computers (2x win7, 1x winxp), always the same. Any suggestions?

That's because the NSU is buggy. That's why I stopped using it and opted for the manual flasher which is much quicker...

If it help's make sure your USB is connected directly to your PC. No extensions or hub connections.

Uninstall the NSU, reboot. Then re-install NSU. That updater has got a lot of bugs...

For what it's worth, go for the manual flasher.

Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Try this firmware and EMMC, and see if it proceeds:

flasher -f -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -F DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4.NORTHERNEUROPE_EMMC_NORTHERNEUROPE.bin -R
So after i was let down by NSU, i decided to try this and noticed an interesting thing. At the beginning of flashing my n9 some kind of progress bar shows up, which is normal i presume, but that's when the flashing fails. The flasher then says finishing in error state with status 10, downgrade disallowed. Same thing happens when I want to upgrade it via NSU, the flashing starts, phone reboots, progress bar shows up briefly and the phone shuts down. NSU then reports about loosing conectivity. So i guess this is all due to "downgrade disallowed" situation.

No joy for me yet, any other ideas?

Last edited by olympus; 2011-12-13 at 17:17.

Ok, solved the issue, bought an unbranded 64gb version :P

The Following User Says Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Hallelujah!

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Milan,Italy
I Guy! i have Nokia N9 64 Gb with this product code:

059L5D4: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Switzerland CH Black 64GB V1

For my device there isn't PR.1.1 and i want to change my product code with 059J1V8: RM-696 NDT CENTRAL EUROPE BLACK 64GB because i want PR 1.1!!!!

So i want to ask you what is the best and simple way to do it??

thank you!

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London
Look my work

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=621

Originally Posted by Mr_NkStyle View Post
I Guy! i have Nokia N9 64 Gb with this product code:

059L5D4: N9 RM-696 Country Variant Switzerland CH Black 64GB V1

For my device there isn't PR.1.1 and i want to change my product code with 059J1V8: RM-696 NDT CENTRAL EUROPE BLACK 64GB because i want PR 1.1!!!!

So i want to ask you what is the best and simple way to do it??

thank you!

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Milan,Italy
Originally Posted by enjoy View Post
Look my work

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=621
I have read your link but i don't see the solution how i can change my product code??

Thank You