Notices

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
mavit, I just noticed your bug report over at pysqueezecenter. As I wrote over there, I'll take care of it tomorrow (or as soon as possible).

I didn't realize the bugtracker link wasn't working. I'll look into that too.

Thanks!

I just tried the latest Squeezecontrol version, and of some reason nothing happens when I try to select my player from the list (pressing on the player button). This worked ok in the earlier version.

Originally Posted by aenbacka View Post
I just tried the latest Squeezecontrol version, and of some reason nothing happens when I try to select my player from the list (pressing on the player button). This worked ok in the earlier version.
Latest version (0.1.0) plays just fine here - with both my devices (radio and duet/receiver). I just noted the issue with missing characters: "Sen du försvann" becomes "Sen du FĂ$rsvann". (also found by Mavit)

Looking forward to a search button (artist/album)

The Following User Says Thank You to naivsupr For This Useful Post:
When I run squeezecontrol from the xterminal, I get the following output when I try to select my player from the list:

/opt/squeezecontrol $ ./squeezecontrol.py
Error calling slot "select_player"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./squeezecontrol.py", line 398, in select_player
player_window = PlayerWindow(self, player)
File "./squeezecontrol.py", line 62, in __init__
self.render()
File "./squeezecontrol.py", line 125, in render
self.progress_bar.setVisible(false)
NameError: global name 'false' is not defined

Any idea what could be wrong?

The Following User Says Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Any idea what could be wrong?
Oh, yeah. Embarrassing. It's False, not false (with a capital F). I'll fix it later today.

As far as I remember, it occurs when you are playing some kind of stream. Try playing something from your local music library and see if it works then.

naivsupr, playlist management is next on my list :)

Last edited by decibyte; 2011-02-21 at 18:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to decibyte For This Useful Post:
I'm on my way out, but I just uploaded a new version that hopefully fixes the problem you are experiencing, aenbacka. I'll be back later with another update for the charset issue.

I think the updated version (0.1.1) will be available in about half an hour.

Last edited by decibyte; 2011-02-21 at 22:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to decibyte For This Useful Post:
Coming up in about 20 minutes: Fix for charset issues.

mavit and naivsupr, will you please confirm that it works for you when you get version 0.1.2?

Originally Posted by decibyte View Post
Coming up in about 20 minutes: Fix for charset issues.

mavit and naivsupr, will you please confirm that it works for you when you get version 0.1.2?
Looks good to me!

A couple of other minor things:
  • The launcher icon doesn't work for me. I had succes by removing the "-64x64" from the .desktop file and moving the icons to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/[size]/apps/squeezecontrol.png.
  • I don't think you intended to include /opt/squeezecontrol/.squeezecontrol.py.swp in the package. Looks like it's a VIM auto-save file.

The Following User Says Thank You to mavit For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by decibyte View Post
I'm on my way out, but I just uploaded a new version that hopefully fixes the problem you are experiencing, aenbacka. I'll be back later with another update for the charset issue.

I think the updated version (0.1.1) will be available in about halv an hour.
Thanks a lot for the update, now it works great again!

Originally Posted by mavit View Post
  • The launcher icon doesn't work for me. I had succes by removing the "-64x64" from the .desktop file and moving the icons to /usr/share/icons/hicolor/[size]/apps/squeezecontrol.png.
  • I don't think you intended to include /opt/squeezecontrol/.squeezecontrol.py.swp in the package. Looks like it's a VIM auto-save file.
I've really had some trouble getting the icon to work. Would you please describe in detail what you did to fix it?

I've (hopefully) got my build script to ignore my vim .swp files from now on

All of you, thanks a lot for all the input and support.

I've been struggling for a couple of hours to figure out how to attach a menu to the title bar. I got it now and started by adding an on/off button. I won't make a new release just with that, but now I'm ready to start working on playlist handling.