Ok, I'm going to school and I need to login to our school's network for wireless. But it requires that I have Novell Netware Client installed. So I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to install it on OS2008 on an N810 so that I can login to their wireless.

OK, the short answer to this is that there isn't, because Novell has not chosen to port the client to the tablets.

The longer answer is, well, longer. Your best bet is to find out if your school's IT dept have enabled Native File Access (aka CIFS or SMB) on the NetWare server. This is supposedly enabled by default on recent versions of NetWare, but your school may be using an older version or may have disabled this feature on their servers. If it's enabled, you shouldn't need the NetWare Client software; the tablet can access the file shares directly. The File Manager can mount any file shares that don't require a password, and there's a GUI program that can help you log into any shares that do require a password (I'm sorry I can't remember it's name; I'll have to go look it up).

However, if your school is requiring the NetWare Client (as in, they haven't enabled SMB file sharing), your options are somewhat limited. The NetWare Client is supposed to be open source, but the source available on SourceForge looks old at first glance, and I'm sure it's never been ported to ARM (the tablets' processor). Unless you want to undergo a major code porting effort, you're probably out of luck.

Bottom line: connect to your school's wireless, open the File Manager, tap Shared Folders (if it even appears), and try to find the file shares you want to log into. If you do, then you probably can connect that way. If you don't, you're probably out of luck, but ask your schools IT dept anyway.

Well, it's not for file sharing. You can't get any network access period, except for the college homepage, unless you're running a computer with Novell Client on it. Hence why I need the client. Otherwise I'd find ways to just hack around it. But unless I'm using the client, the proxy or whatever they're using along side their Novell Netware network, won't let me do anything but get the client.

Ouch, that's rough. I assumed they were just using it for file sharing (that's the most typical case). I bet they're using Novell's proxy server (probably some version of BorderManager), and enabled user authentication, so you actually have to authenticate as an eDirectory user in order to gain access to the network. Again, ouch. I'm sorry, you may be out of luck. Let me guess: since there's Novell Clients for Windows, Mac, and desktop Linux, they've decided that's sufficient client support, right?

Well, I tried connecting to their wireless without the client tonight and their network is an utter case of digital hell. I've never seen such a convoluted mess in a wireless system in my life.
since there's Novell Clients for Windows, Mac, and desktop Linux, they've decided that's sufficient client support, right?
They're a pro-windows shop. If you have Windows, they'll help you, Mac, they might consider it. But if you're using Linux or anything else, you can kindly shove your PC where the sun don't shine. I tried to talk to the head boss of the tech department and he asked me if I had XP or Vista. When I told him I had Linux, I got treated as though I had committed genocide or something. T_T