Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Two of my three J1's updated smoothly. Today I noticed that the one I use for listening music (original media player) did not find anything to play. I have around 12 GB of flac-files on 200GB sdcard (ext4). Checked with file browser, the files were there. Tried even opening one with the file browser and it woke the media player. So far so good. But it was plying list of one song. So I thought that indexing was issue and wiped the index with the auxiliary settings application. Didn't work. rebooted phone, no help. Reinstalled player. No change. A new reboot and then presto, player found my music files.

Now there is one J1 to go, and Xperia X. I have negletted the Sony, but I guess I need to spend some quality time with it too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
When i listen to music i always put my Xperia X in silent mode, so the music is not interupted.. guess what, after the update, the SMS alert still goes through even if in silent mode. Now thats quite silly if you ask me.
@olympus, this seems to be worth being filed as a bug report on TJC, doesn't it?
(Without indicating this, Jolla probably won't be aware of it and fix it.)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Tsippaduida View Post
Two of my three J1's updated smoothly. Today I noticed that the one I use for listening music (original media player) did not find anything to play. I have around 12 GB of flac-files on 200GB sdcard (ext4). Checked with file browser, the files were there. Tried even opening one with the file browser and it woke the media player. So far so good. But it was plying list of one song. So I thought that indexing was issue and wiped the index with the auxiliary settings application. Didn't work. rebooted phone, no help. Reinstalled player. No change. A new reboot and then presto, player found my music files.

Now there is one J1 to go, and Xperia X. I have negletted the Sony, but I guess I need to spend some quality time with it too.
You play them from playlist, right?
If yes, you need to modify the playlist, because the sdcard path changed, the old playlist still in old path

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TMavica For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Something nice that I noticed:

Previously when listening to music with Sailfish, and an e-mail alert enters, or SMS or any system sound, the music would be muted while the sound was playing. Now the music continues to play, but it's volume is lowered during the system sound.

This was driving me insane. Now it's pretty nice.
That is enough to make me update immediately.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
You play them from playlist, right?
If yes, you need to modify the playlist, because the sdcard path changed, the old playlist still in old path
No, I usually just choose "All files" and random play. But that was kind of hard to do since no music was available. But now it works.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Tsippaduida View Post
I usually just choose "All files" and random play.
I wish I were that cool. My "playlist" is always an album. Which means one directory ("folder" in Microsoft-speak). Which means media players that insist on tags and cannot play by the directory structure (such as the stock Jolla's, unless that has changed in recent years, I never bothered to try after the initial disappointment) are totally useless to me

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Originally Posted by olf View Post
@olympus, this seems to be worth being filed as a bug report on TJC, doesn't it?
(Without indicating this, Jolla probably won't be aware of it and fix it.)
I think you're right. Will do

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olympus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Sounds like your SD card got a new mount point and the gallery is still showing the old picture index. At least take the time to check whether everything is actually gone before boldly claiming it is.
Indeed, according to Jolla, and as seen on my Jolla 1 (waiting for the final release to upgrade my daily Xperia), they've switched away from their mout-sd.sh script and now use udiskctl (like almost every other GNU/Linux distro) to mount the SD card.

The SD cards aren't mounted into /media/sdcard/{UUID}, but in /run/media/{USERNAME=nemo}/{LABEL}. (There's only one loged-in user on sailfish, so the USERNAME part is always going to be nemo).

There's a symlink, so scripts search inside /media aren't completely lost.

But the path name has definitely changed (UUID vs LABEL, anyway), so Jolla tells you (and I can confirm) that you need to set the output path again in "Settings -> Apps -> Camera".

Probably that other apps will need new paths, too.
(Almost sure that OSM Scout server will need).

Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Before I posted I mounted the SD card in my PC and verified the loss. ./Pictures and ./Video on the SD card are spectacularly empty. {...} I recovered a lot of deleted images overnight, but can't check them until I get home.
That seems weird. Have you ruled out partition corrurption ? What filesystem are your using on the card? (Fat32, exFAT + FUSE, ext4, btrfs/f2fs/udf ?)

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
unchanged.
Only the Sailfish stuff around alien dalvik updated with this release.
For the record, it is not technically possible for Alien Dalvik to be anything more recent than Android 4.4 KitKat
As the name indicates, Myriad's software is an implementation of the Dalvik JIT-based JVM-like engine. That on is used up to 4.4 KitKat.
Starting from Android 5 Lollipop, Google switched to a completely different approach, "Android Runtime", with is AOT (Ahead of time: when a app is installed, the Java-like bytecode is compiled to native code) instead of using the JITting engine.

If Jolla wants Adroid 5+ in Sailfish OS 3, they'll probably switch to something else.
(Does Myriad have ART ? Has andbox progressed to the point that it can work nicely with most applications on Sailfish OS ?)

Originally Posted by jenix View Post
So, while removing all those unneeded account-extensions packages for sociald and jolla-settings, I stumbled upon this interesting package:

Code:
Available   	jolla-settings-accounts-extensions-sip-0.3.39-1.6.9.armv7hl (jolla)	Extension plugin for SIP accounts
Any success while experimenting with it ?

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
the sound quality has improved exponentially in the new update

The Following User Says Thank You to UBUNTUSCOFIELD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 479 | Thanked: 1,284 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Enschede, The Netherlands
Originally Posted by UBUNTUSCOFIELD View Post
the sound quality has improved exponentially in the new update
Like x^0.5?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzillogic For This Useful Post: