Active Topics

Anyone tried Sennheiser VMX100 with Nokia N900?
Im planning to get one, but I heard some bluetooth headsets are incompatible with specific models of phones.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Moscow, Russia
I use iqua pendant. It works.

The Following User Says Thank You to KiRiK For This Useful Post:
Yeah, but still I want more traditional type.

Ok, I tried my friend's VMX100. When I connect it- it says that device was connected (blue icon in systray shows that too). When I actually try to call- there is no sound. After some magic tricks (haven't figured out yet- restarting the phone, headset, switching headset on and off during call) it starts working- I can hear and can be heard. But after sometime (in waiting mode) I try to call and now I cannot hear anything.
This Bluetooth works fine on my friend's Xpressmusic5800 and my old N81. Any ideas what to do to fix this problem?

I connected my Blueant z9? i think it is and the sound was crap on the n900, thought it was my wifi connectiona at first as I was calling with skype, but when i went disconnected the bluetooth the sound was perfect, I am keen for a new one too so which ever works best please let us know

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Bluetooth has serious issues on the N900. Pairing issues, noise issues, intermittant functioning issues. There are a host of bugs. I've tried 3 different Jawbone series headsets(Jawbone 1, 2, and 3) and they all suck on the N900.

WiFi really screws it up, but they don't function very well with WiFi off either.

Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Bluetooth has serious issues on the N900. Pairing issues, noise issues, intermittant functioning issues. There are a host of bugs. I've tried 3 different Jawbone series headsets(Jawbone 1, 2, and 3) and they all suck on the N900.

WiFi really screws it up, but they don't function very well with WiFi off either.
I saw that nokia have a headset for about 160aud not keen to rush out and buy one until we hear of one maybe on here that is actually working well

for the record I also have a blueant st3 in the car that is only working ok, nothing flash, and seems quieter than the iphone on there

Marty

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
My Plantronics Voyager 855 works quite well when there's no WiFi.

Currently using two different ones:

Nokia BH-504 Stereo Bluetooth Headphones.
Plantronics Voyager 520 Bluetooth Headset.

One point of note: the Voyager 520 bluetooth headset has multi-point (which means active connection to two phones at one) and the N900 seems to perform fine whilst my Xperia X1/N97 used to randomly disconnect.

I'd recommend either... the 504s for music playback & the occasional phone call or the Voyager 520 for those who carry more than one phone and/or use the phone a lot whilst driving (battery is AWESOME!)

I checked on the maemo bug and found a couple of reports regarding issues with certain bluetooth headsets. I hope it will be fixed in new update.